• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to kill a Tiger in 1943
04-25-2007, 07:08 PM,
How to kill a Tiger in 1943
What are yours experiences from battles against heavy German tanks in 1943.
Do we need use amour rules ? or maybe there is a good way to kill those beasts in 1943 ?
[Image: tiger1(8).jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2007, 10:03 PM,
RE: How to kill a Tiger in 1943
GET IN CLOSE, for me its as simple or as complicated as that, also dont be afraid to use what you've got on the map and just clobber them with everything, smoke ATR's mortars.
Not in the same league but in a recent game I knocked out a PzIV (late one) with 37mm HE fire from an AT gun, not the AA variety and a 50cal MG mostly I think because I had the tank from both sides so they couldnt sit there happily, something was always hitting the rear armour.
I woulkd also say at this point that I have had very little success with using Tigers, I akways get "big cat disease" and they die very quickly in my hands. A quick 101 on how to fight with the Big Cats would be helpful.
04-25-2007, 10:28 PM,
If your Opponent knows how to use his Tigers properly, you'll have a hard time killing Tigers. Tigers that wander too close to the front lines are the ones that can be killed easier. The biggest obstacle when facing Tigers is the fear of them. A close second is a fixation upon them, ignoring the other units. :)

In wooded and city terrain
Using ATRs and SMG units with Molotov or ENG units with explosives can deal with the Tigers that get separated from their INF support. Use the ATRs to button up the Tiger and even possibly damage the gun or tracks with repeated shooting. Then move the INF units within 40 meters and let fly with your Molotov or explosives.

The T34/57 tank and the 57mm ATG are capable of killing the Tiger easily from the side or rear at 1000 meter ranges, frontally at less than 500 (but only with hull hits as the turret has reinforcement)

If you get lucky when buying an 85mm AA gun that it comes with AP ammo, this weapon will deal with the Tiger as well but it is VERY vulnerable.

Are rules needed? It's all a matter of skill and time. Most people aren't willing to devote enough energy to a game where fighting Tigers is a top priority for winning it. They might rather prefer these limitations to ensure their game is balanced for the enjoyment.
New players might benefit from the limits, but veterans shouldn't even consider them an option IMO. :)

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-26-2007, 01:23 AM,
Good use of tiger (long range support and AT-role) is quite easy on open or relatively open terrain.
57mm guns are very expensive and usually they loosing in duel against Tigers.

However there is one good way to eliminate Tigers and panthers - 25 AA guns
when several (5) light AA-guns firing at heavy tanks there are quite big possibility to immobilize it or to destroy gun.
Send this user an email
04-26-2007, 01:57 AM,
i managed to kill a tiger only with handgranades!my inf was lurking in the woods.tiger came to take and hold a flag and shows the right side to my inf,12 meters or so away.they started to throw eggs.after 3-4(!) rounds the crew left their tiger alone.think they couldn see the reason of the hits,so they leave :whis:
04-26-2007, 02:11 AM,
I agree with Randy's points. I have found Tigers to be very vulnerable to infantry units.

Also consider that in a QB, if your opponent purchases Tigers then he has significantly reduced the number of other forces that he can purchase.

In a scenario, if the designer had any consideration for balance he could offset giving one side Tigers by making them fight in close quarters where they are vulnerable.
04-26-2007, 02:26 AM,
OK - some pictures 5 x crack 25 AA guns at 300m (cost 90points)
[Image: t1.jpg]
after 10 seconds might tiger is immobilised
[Image: t2.jpg]
and soon abandoned
[Image: t3.jpg]
Send this user an email
04-26-2007, 02:45 AM,
Interesting concept, but in a QB ME not many people will buy 5 AA guns and transports for them when faced with the possibility of Tigers being present :)

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-26-2007, 02:50 AM,
that guns are also good against all other targets soft and armoured
Send this user an email