• Downloads

Fair Play?
04-21-2007, 05:49 PM,
Fair Play?
"The Pope? How many Divisions does he have?" Stalin
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2007, 07:29 PM,
RE: Fair Play?
IMO you did nothing wrong. Who doesn't like a good flanking movement?

Reinforcement hexes that are easily reached by the other side may point towards a scenario design weakness however. Which scenario were you playing?

Huib
04-21-2007, 07:52 PM,
sounds like the justly famous Bukrin Bridgehead :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
04-21-2007, 08:02 PM,
In my opinion there is nothing wrong, especially that you've informed your opponent that you'd already played the scenario.

Regards

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
04-21-2007, 08:06 PM,
04-21-2007, 08:15 PM,
Gentlemen,

Please do not let the emotions to take over the discussion. I believe that Montana Mud didn't want to make any personal remarks, he wanted to rise the theoretical situation into attention...

As for the particular situation: it should be solved between two players, or if they cannot reach consensus they should rise it via-mail to Ladder Custodians.

During several years in the Club I have met different type of players. If they used tactics not accepted by me (however acceptable by game engine) I simply didn't play them again...

Regards

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
04-21-2007, 08:30 PM,
Well he certainly got my attention.
04-21-2007, 09:32 PM,
Desert rat Wrote:Well he certainly got my attention.

And you've certainly bought a lot of attention upon yourself :hissy:

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-21-2007, 09:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2007, 09:56 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
04-21-2007, 09:59 PM,
In my opinion, and as has been discussed on this board probably 7 or so years ago, I think it is bad form to purposefully target an opponents entry hex and spoils the game completely. If you are blind and happen upon it, then fair play, but to go for it with the intention of gaining an advantage by destroying his reinforcements before they have time to enter the battle is very gamey and not in the spirit of fair play. If this happened to me, I would immediately surrender the game and have to drink a load more beer than normal to get over it! :P