• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hide
04-18-2007, 01:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2007, 01:25 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Hide
PIC 1 - The German infantry kneeling in the woods can see the enemy quite easily..

[Image: hide1.jpg]

PIC 2 - But when I order them to 'Hide', they can't see much at all with their faces planted in the dirt, and lose their LOS to the Russian infantry which instantly disappear..
(The tanks remain in view, so I think we can assume units on 'Hide' do lift their heads now and again for a quick glimpse and can't miss seeing tanks,but a mere glimpse is not good enough to see infantry)

[Image: hide2.jpg]

Tactical note - I usually only use 'Hide' to try to break the lock of incoming enemy fire, and at the same time I cancel any fire order my infantry have got, and slap a minimum-arc on them.
It's my way of telling them to face-plant, not fire back, and to hold their fire lest they draw more enemy fire..
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2007, 06:53 PM,
RE: Hide
LOL... nearly 700 games and thats a new one for me. Thanks POS.
04-18-2007, 07:39 PM,
Yes, hiding means reduced spotting abilities.
Hiding also means turning off vehicle engines, probably harder to get sound contact for tanks, I didn't test)
04-18-2007, 08:42 PM,
No sound contact, but the tank still remains easily visible for anything looking at it. Don't recommend using hide for tanks!
04-18-2007, 09:35 PM,
I believe Ivan is right too, if anything has a LOS to the tank, it will be spotted, Even if it is only a symbol, so if you're going to hide them.. hide them in cover and behind hills where the sound contact will not be picked up and neither will the LOS. This is the only way to truly hide your armor unless you can get Hull down like NORT's pic there a few threads up)

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-19-2007, 05:46 AM,
McIvan Wrote:No sound contact, but the tank still remains easily visible for anything looking at it. Don't recommend using hide for tanks!

How about at night?
04-19-2007, 05:53 AM,
Re the discussion on arcs vs hide from another thread, I've had units with arcs get their butts kicked because enemy units have approached them from out of arc and they've sat there blankly staring in the direction of their arc, totally ignoring the interlopers. Units on hide tend to pop up and fire when someone steps on their heads, regardless of which direction they approach from.
04-19-2007, 07:24 AM,
RE:�� Hide
04-19-2007, 08:23 AM,
RE: �� Hide
-deleted-
04-20-2007, 12:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2007, 12:28 AM by MGK(FGM).)
But tanks in scattered trees could be hide
1st example reg infantry (hide) cant see hidden tanks
[Image: test1.jpg]

view from hidden infantry
[Image: test2.jpg]

it is a little bit different when you use sniper :)
even in hide position he can see one tank
[Image: test5.jpg]

un-hide after 25 seconds
[Image: test3.jpg]

and after 60 sec
[Image: test4.jpg]

Send this user an email