• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

For VM and discussion Panther D K43 Alt scn - ideas
04-14-2007, 03:00 AM,
For VM and discussion Panther D K43 Alt scn - ideas
Dear VM,

I like your ideas behind the alt OOB .

Here is my suggestion for the alt K43 scn Panther D problem

We all know these units suffered from many technical problems . Taking into account of the new rules coming along here is a solution .

Do not reduce the morale of any panther D units - for certain these units were not low morale I always dislike seeing morale reduced to make units less effective

Set them as unreliable

Set the replacement level at 0 %

Maybe reduce their speed that will reduce their combat effectiveness as well

This is a better fix

Regards

Michael

Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2007, 03:39 AM,
RE: For VM and discussion Panther D K43 Alt scn - ideas
I am not sure I like the of setting the replacement leve to 0%. According to Zetterling's book Kursk 43 the number of panthers ava from 6 july thru 17 july were as follows: 40,43,?,16,33,30,25,43,36,20,43,44,44

Although the break down rate was considerable, the repair rate was also considerable since most of the repair work was for defective seals and gaskets.
04-14-2007, 04:34 AM,
cavalry corps Wrote:Set the replacement level at 0 %

Setting the replacement value at 0% means read the default PDT value. So maybe setting it at 1% is that value was less than the PDT would be the way to achieve the aims of your suggestion.

Glenn
Send this user an email
04-14-2007, 05:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2007, 05:11 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
04-14-2007, 05:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2007, 05:23 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
04-14-2007, 05:29 AM,
I had no problem stopping the "C" level Panthers. Hit them constantly with arty and then Close-assault with infantry.

Always worked for me.
04-14-2007, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2007, 05:44 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
04-17-2007, 04:02 AM,
OK I SEE REPLACEMENTS IS NOT THE SAME AS RECOVERY .

You could still make the speed lower

Therefore you are correct . Very much agree with the points on recovery . I have just played a full campaign of EA42 . If you do any work on that please consider how striong the LRDG are and in the campaign with EXP supply the axis will run out fully by turn 110 or so . Ruined the game ( otherwise excellent ) for me as without exp supply the level is about 60

Michael
04-17-2007, 04:05 AM,
RE:��For VM and discussion Panther D K43 Alt scn - ideas
Glenn Saunders Wrote:
cavalry corps Wrote:Set the replacement level at 0 %

Setting the replacement value at 0% means read the default PDT value. So maybe setting it at 1% is that value was less than the PDT would be the way to achieve the aims of your suggestion.

Glenn

Glenn,

Not quite sure what you mean ... if the recovery is 5% and you set replacement at 6 the net result is 1 gain or 11 ?

Or If the recovery is 5 and replacement is 1 then the maximum gain by that unit is 1 ?

Michael
04-17-2007, 04:10 AM,
No, it is in addtion to each other. However they are both checked differently and unit quality has no effect on replacements as it does with recovery and local supply determines the % of the specified replacement level that you receive (or if you should get them at all).

As for making the Panthers slower, I will check. However, I don't really see a logical reason to do this if the Panther D already has a calculated speed based on that specific varient (which, if I remember correctly, I think is already slower than the G (?)).
Send this user an email