• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ambush
04-12-2007, 04:53 AM,
Ambush
Some of the most exciting games for me come from setting ambushes successfully. These can be done a number of ways. I think BO had an ambush place marker. In BB, AK you can do it with arcs and hidden forces. POS has covered arcs and deep woods ambushes with SMGs. Keeping guns hidden until later in the game is fun to... an old opponent of mine was highly indignant when he drove onto the objective in the final turns of the game and a hidden 37mm took him out. :hissy:

One of my best ambushes came during a BO tournament where I was able to set up a 37mm AAA on a cross street to a wide boulevard, some shot up infantry hidden in a nearby wood, and a Panther off in the distance that could still see the intersection. What happened was the opponent made a big push with Shermans, M10s and HTs into the intersection. My infantry buttoned him, and my 37mm AAA started knocking out vehicles. I revealed the Panther and in the next turn the opponent who still didn't see the 37mm assumed the Panther was doing all the damage and he swung all his armor to face the Panther giving the 37mm AAA rear shots! I think I destroyed six or seven vehicles that way... maybe the best work a truck mounted 37mm AAA has ever done in BO.:smg:

Counter-ambush is something someone else can cover, another interesting topic. :conf:
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2007, 01:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 09:23 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Ambush
Caption - Ambushed by US troops, France 44
[Image: france44.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply