• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Heroic German Stand Against the World
04-07-2007, 04:56 PM,
Heroic German Stand Against the World
Just woken up after night shift and the old brain is not working properly yet, and had a bit of a count up of the final results of the Great Hunting Tournament and it seems if my counting is correct that the German forces were able to get a massive 1 points win for round 1.:smg:
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2007, 10:57 PM,
RE: Heroic German Stand Against the World
I think you need to get some more sleep. Those heroic Germans ( And where are the rest of the Axis powers?) should be rubbing our noses in it with large numbers of super tanks and lavishly equiped infantry. The fact that most of my comrades chose US or Commonwealth Armies should have made this a German cakewalk. You are all very fortunate not to have to face the Great Workers' and Peasants' Red Army in every battle.:kill:
04-08-2007, 01:20 AM,
I still think luck had a lot to do with it. I got spanked by 40 some points. Yet If I had dropped my paras two rows lower, I would have landed on two ammo dumps. I prolly would have been shot to ribbons, but I would have known where they were early in the game. So that was 10 points wigam wouldn't have had and 10 points I would have had, for a 20 point swing, plus his A0 was right there, I would have had a shot at it also. So there is a 40 point swing. I did play the game wrong, but a 40 point swing due to luck was the real difference. I think those that racked up the points did so because they got lucky and found the ammo dumps early.
We'll know for sure after the second round, when the allies get to defend. If I have this figured out, the loses from this round won't matter until round 3.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
04-08-2007, 05:30 AM,
Quote:I still think luck had a lot to do with it. I got spanked by 40 some points. Yet If I had dropped my paras two rows lower, I would have landed on two ammo dumps. I prolly would have been shot to ribbons, but I would have known where they were early in the game. So that was 10 points wigam wouldn't have had and 10 points I would have had, for a 20 point swing, plus his A0 was right there, I would have had a shot at it also. So there is a 40 point swing.

Ah luck, thats what its all about sometimes. life is always full of what ifs too! Remember if i had my paras land where i wanted them too things would have been different again. The Axis forces could not land there paras because of the bug in the game.

Your paras landed where you wanted and came close but thats the way it is. So i wouldn't call it luck, the plan just didn't pay off this time, maybe due to some planning and it being a good place to hide them in the end.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
04-08-2007, 07:45 AM,
Some interesting facts from round 1 (i could miss something as I am talking from memory here ) :

- most effective individual unit in round 1 was Kingtiger (8 kills)
- but there were MANY Shermans with 5 or so kills
- however, and this could be a great surprise for many, yet a good hint for ladder battles as well, I reckon the best equipment overall were Fox and Honey cars. Those which survived scored massive amounts of kills if you take all battles into account.
- infantry squads did well also, I guess because were hard to kill. Many were retreating or routing, yet stll alive, so theirs kills were counted.
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
04-08-2007, 11:25 AM,
RE:��Heroic German Stand Against the World
04-09-2007, 02:42 AM,
RE: ��Heroic German Stand Against the World
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art