• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Germany 2 anyone?
04-07-2007, 11:29 AM,
Germany 2 anyone?
Just got North German Plain and would like to try the Germany 2 monster scenario #99_01s. Looking for opponent to play NATO. Have played Middle East 67' but no modern European campaigns so looking forward to trying this. Open to suggestion on optional rules, especially if they are perceived as needed for game balance.
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2007, 11:42 AM,
RE: Germany 2 anyone?
Sorry, I'm not available to play, but you might want to consider playing "Ich bin ein Berliner", a scenario I designed, which incorporates the Berlin region as well. You can download the files here at the Club from the scenarios section.

Fury
04-07-2007, 12:47 PM,
Thanks!

I revise this then - who wants to play Sgt. Furies scenario Ich Bin Ein Berliner?

By the way - wasn't Kennedy actually mistakenly saying "I am a pastry" in German when he said that?
04-07-2007, 12:52 PM,
Yes he was, so hopefully you will like my scenarios as much as a jam donut!

Fury
04-07-2007, 01:10 PM,
Wow - just looked at this - its HUGE and looks great.

This might actually be better played as a team game. I am in no rush to start playing, so if you as creator know of some potential players who would want to start a team game of this I would be interested. It would be especially fun if the NATO team was composed of players who had actually served in those armies. Not sure we have any Soviet army veterans who play PzC.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in doing. I could see about recruiting a Soviet team. I would guess 4 per side.
04-07-2007, 02:00 PM,
RE:��Germany 2 anyone?
Sgt Fury Wrote:Yes he was, so hopefully you will like my scenarios as much as a jam donut!

Fury
A nice donut while playing is great stuff, but he actually said the phrase correctly, although it could literally mean what he meant or that he was a donut:

Quote:It's true that the word "Berliner" in German means a particular kind of jelly-filled pastry as well as a citizen of Berlin. But look at it this way: If I were to tell a group of Americans that my editor is a New Yorker, would any of them really think I've confused him with a well-known weekly magazine?

Or if I said I was a hot dog, would you think I was a wild skier or a piece of food? :whis: Just had to look it up to see.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-07-2007, 03:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2007, 03:56 PM by Occam.)
Elxaime

Sent a pm but it was rejected. [boohoo]
Have played a Ngp [no berlin] team game with ricky B.
[soz mate.. you are famous so i use you,
feel me up anytime, I'll owe you a beer. Not that 'bud'
crap but real beer. Aussie beer, lol]

And say 4 games against AI, wins all.
How hard is that..lol.

So let me know, have maybe 4 hours a day for your turns in
the life i do not have.
[should spend that on minsk but its so depressing...as axis..;)]

Musashi

04-07-2007, 05:00 PM,
Musashi -

Sounds fine...its a huge scenario but we will give it a try 1 v. 1. I prefer Soviet side - is that OK?

How about these optionals?

Night fatigue
programmed weather
Limited air recon
Artillery set-up
Recon spotting
Counterbattery Fire
Quality Fatigue Modifier

Let me know. And advise what email address you want turns sent to.
04-07-2007, 10:29 PM,
I'd be interested in a team game if my p would be the overall commander. I'm kind of a rookie playing against real opponents. NATO sounds good, I'll play either side tho.
04-08-2007, 02:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2007, 02:25 AM by Elxaime.)