• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scoring question.
04-06-2007, 09:35 AM,
Scoring question.
How do the SP scoring levels compare to the scoring levels when reporting a game?

I ask because i have just won a Marginal Victory in WinSPWW2 but when you go to report the game there is no marginal level listed, just minor-medium-decisive-overwhelming. :conf:

Have a good easter all.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM,
RE: Scoring question.
That's cause you speak english. If you spoke american you would know that on this side of the pond 'marginal and 'minor' are sometimes synonyms.Big Grin
Then again sometimes not. No Baseball player ever gets sent down to the marginal leagues. Lots get sent to the minors.
In some states you can be sent to jail for having sex with a minor, but sex with a marginal will just get you laughed at.Eek

So now that you know that, I need to know.......
Does Cricket REALLY REALLY have rules?:laughing:
If you need help with speaking Canadian, don't worry about it, so does everyone else.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
04-06-2007, 10:20 AM,
Quote:Then again sometimes not. No Baseball player ever gets sent down to the marginal leagues. Lots get sent to the minors.
In some states you can be sent to jail for having sex with a minor, but sex with a marginal will just get you laughed at.

You crack me up sometimes.:laughing:

Quote:So now that you know that, I need to know.......
Does Cricket REALLY REALLY have rules?

yeah cricket does have rules and they are very easy to understand. Probaly take to long to explain them all, but basically 11 guys a side, made up of bowlers,batsmen and a wicket keeper. You can bowl them out by hitting the wickets, get them leg before(hit them in the padson the front of their legs) ansd catch them out, and run them out.

There are 2 different forms of the game, test match(run over 5 days) and a one dayer(50 overs per team)

I could carry on but i know i have probaly put you to sleep allready.

Marcus
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
04-06-2007, 10:39 AM,
You play till everyone is out. Then when you're all out you are in!:conf:

Or so I was told.....
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM,
Small question.... Where does he keep the wicket? Hit them with what?
-Jessica Simpson
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM,
Hello Fubar,

There is an offical score sheet for SP game.. it's an excel file and availabel on the blitz.. I think under the game scoring for the SP ladder..

I have a copy and will send it to you..

The score system is based on a comparative of % of flags captured and a comparison of points scored..

Even though the SP game says 'marginal'.. according to the official scoring sheet, you might indeed have achieved a 'medium' win..

-Greybeard
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM,
Hello Fubar,

Ok - sound the score sheet..

Go the the 'Rules of engagment' link at the top of this page
Next click the 'scoring' link and scroll down to SP scoring section. There is a 'click here' link that will let you download the score sheet..

It's not necessary to submit the excel file, just fill it out and it will calculate your score..

Cheers! - Greybeard
04-06-2007, 12:41 PM,
Quote:Small question.... Where does he keep the wicket? Hit them with what?

There are 6 wickets. 3 at each end. The game is played on a pitch(flat hard piece of grass). The pitch is about 22 yards long and thats where the bowlers bowl on. They bowl a hard leather ball, like a baseball but usually red and a lot harder. ;) The bowler takes a run up from behind the pitch and bowls overarm down the pitch to the batter who has a hard wood bat(looks a lot like a paddle) basically the batter hits the ball and runs as fast as he can so as not to be run out. Thats how he scores runs. There are two batters at any one time and they run between the wickets at either end of the pitch. If he hits it far enough to the fence surrounding the field he gets max runs. Over the fence on the full is a 6, and if he rolls over its a 4. The batter keeps batting until hes out or runs out of overs. Now overs are bowled as 6 balls. thats an over.Eek

crazy if your not used to it but thats how i felt when trying to watch american football(gridiron). I get most of it now but i am still lost at sea sometimes.

[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
04-06-2007, 02:46 PM,
"Over the fence on the full" means in the air? Rolls over means on the bounce? And if you have 6 balls, you get over, which makes a certain sort of sense. I once saw a goat with 3 balls. It was in the pen next to the gatorman. Cost me two bucks and about 10 minutes. I missed the 10 minutes.
-Jessica Simpson
04-06-2007, 09:18 PM,
Thanks for the tips on the scoring system....is that what everyone uses?

And of course the low down on Cricket.....i have to say that i dont know a single soul here that likes the game at all, mind you it's of great help if your an insomniac. You also forgot to mention the batters wearing 'box's', still sends a shudder down me when i remember PE at school. 'When your finished with the box pass it to the next batter.' Eek

Give me Rugby and Footie any day.....and i mean real footie not those guys wearing Kevlar armour. ;)

cheers