• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Rules - what tickles you
04-05-2007, 05:06 AM,
New Rules - what tickles you
I must say I like the new fatigue accumulation rule . This goes someway toward recognizing the superior cohesion of elite units and if you like leadership at Regimental and Divisional level ...which is non existent .

The new partisan ideas are pretty good and I like the idea of Engineers to be able to ferry supplies one hex

May I ask which units are subject to the super heavy Artillery rules ( I cannot see by the unit symbols ) and I hope that will be back dated to include ships CA and above which are well underrated ?

Regards
michael

Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2007, 05:48 AM,
RE: New Rules - what tickles you
cavalry corps Wrote:and I like the idea of Engineers to be able to ferry supplies one hex

This rule will have a huge effect on many games as under the old rules many players would not risk their units becoming isolated and low ammo on the opposite bank.

Also patrolling is a new rule with major advantages, but has not been discussed here, i use it plenty! :cool:
04-05-2007, 07:25 AM,
Send this user an email
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM,
Hmmm........

Anybody else spot a possible Leningrad or Sebastopol PzC..........?

Cheers

Chris
04-05-2007, 10:07 PM,
Where do I find the rule and/or command for patrolling? I can't seem to find it.

I do like the engineer supply across the river.

One thing I would like to see is either add another attachment or change corps attachment to just attachment so you can at least go as low as Rgt/Bde level attachments, not just the whole division. I'd like to see it go to individual units. Can you change corps units from one to another without having to do them all leaving one corps with none? The Rgt/Bde I think should be done even being able to attach them to other Div, not just corps. Example, 10th Arm CCB attached to the 101st AB at Bastogne. Another was the remaining 424th Rgt, 106th Div and the 112th Rgt, 28th Div being attached to other units near St. Vith.

Then again I'm the one who still holding out for Tunisia and the entire North African Campaign and Italy toe to the Po.
04-06-2007, 01:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2007, 01:25 AM by Sgt Fury.)
RE:��New Rules - what tickles you
04-06-2007, 05:10 AM,
RE: ��New Rules - what tickles you
04-06-2007, 05:16 AM,
OK thanks Foul! Those are great ideas.

Do you guys think patrolling should actually work across rivers, including 1 hex wide rivers? Chosing a couple victim units to do this during night, or during a storm does not seem like a huge cost to me.

Fury
04-06-2007, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2007, 08:27 AM by von Waldenburg.)
RE:����New Rules - what tickles you
Foul. Wrote:Not any more :) toggle your units to "patrol" and they will be able to see the far bank on dusk and night turns :cool: :smoke:

The down side Cry is that Glenn thinks they will not recover from fatigue while doing this :hissy:

From what I've seen so far they will not recover from fatigue the turn they toggle patrolling on and will gain fatigue if it's a night turn and the night fatigue optional rule is in effect. But they do recover from fatigue any turn thereafter.

They can even dig-in while patrolling but this would forfeit the fatigue reduction.
04-06-2007, 09:30 AM,
RE:��New Rules - what tickles you