• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Damaged gun, working MG
04-02-2007, 06:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2007, 11:41 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Damaged gun, working MG
If your tank gets its main gun damaged, the bow MG might still work.
To find out if the MG still works, try issuing a 'Target' area-fire order into the ground. If you get an error beep it means the MG is broken, but if the line sticks it means its working. Cancel the line and use the tank as a mobile MG pillbox for the rest of the game..

PIC 1 -This T-34 had its main gun damaged earlier and its turret is jammed in position pointing right.
An enemy squad run across the road in the background..
[Image: bowmg1.jpg]

PIC 2 - the bow MG opens up on them and cuts them down (note the tracer, and the ammo readout drops, confirming it really is firing)
Also the MG only fires in a frontal cone, so try to keep tanks with a working bow MG pointing towards the enemy positions.
(Incidentally although the ammo readout dropped for the bow AND co-axial fire, its just a CM program quirk, the co-axial never fired because its jammed right with the turret.)
[Image: bowmg2.jpg]

PIC 3 - the view from the enemy side..
[Image: bowmg3.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2007, 01:33 PM,
RE: Damaged gun, working MG
[Image: CM-damaged1.jpg]
04-11-2007, 02:09 PM,
Any tank with a crew casualty will not fire the MG's if the main gun gets damaged. Any tank with a full crew will. It's that simple.

Good Hunting.

MR
04-11-2007, 11:21 PM,
Call me suspicious mate, but I never think "oh they've got a crewman down, they won't therefore fire the MG", I always double-check by trying to fire it for myself.. ;)
04-12-2007, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM by Mad Russian.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Call me suspicious mate, but I never think "oh they've got a crewman down, they won't therefore fire the MG", I always double-check by trying to fire it for myself.. ;)

By all means go right ahead! Do whatever you want to. I'm just pointing out some facts to you is all. Some of the little tricks, that the rest of us have learned, in our own hundreds of CM games.

Your own screenshots show it. Every screenshot you have on this topic shows a tank with a full crew.

So, play however you want. If you see a tank with a crew casualtie it won't be firing any MG's for you in a CM battle.

Good Hunting.

MR