• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attacking
03-31-2007, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2007, 10:36 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Attacking
TYPICAL FIRST TURN PLOTS
Typical first turn move plots of a Meeting Engagement, it's a chore but it has to be done.
The tanks zigzag around clumps of trees, some are carrying infantry, I just want to get as much manpower and heavy metal up to the front line as quick as possible, so everybodys on 'Fast' except for a couple of HMG's on 'Move' who go exhausted too fast if forced to run.

[Image: CMfirstmovs1.jpg]

AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED?
It went like clockwork, my infantry seized the flags and the Shermans were nicely positioned to fire into the neck of the woods that the enemy infantry were trying to infiltrate (pics below, light blue line shows limit of enemy advance at endgame)
PS this is only half the map, all his armour is miles away to the left in the other half, trying unsuccessfully for another flag, and I won the game. (He was WPC ladder leader at the time)

[Image: CM-end.jpg]

[Image: CMconcent.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2007, 11:08 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Attacking
LONG WAY ROUND
Don't be afraid to go the long way round. This win was only against the AI but shows how you can go in the back door where he's not expecting it.My inf marched through the woods on the left.
My German light armour went up the middle but was repulsed by AT-Rifle fire so I had to u-turn them and loop around the right

[Image: CM-shower1.jpg]

[Image: CM-shower3.jpg]
03-31-2007, 10:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2007, 12:05 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
SETTING PASSENGER PLOTS WHILE STILL ABOARD

[Image: CM-disemb2.jpg]
03-31-2007, 11:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2007, 05:52 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
PUNCHING WITH YOUR FIST

"Man schl� jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern" - Gen.Guderian
("Punch with your fist and not with your fingers spread")

A typical attack. My big group of 12x T-34/85's races over the hill at bottom right with infantry aboard and comes under fire from a Panther and 3x 75mm ATG's, so I jam everybody's brakes on and shoot it out with them over the next couple of turns, blowing them all away for the loss of 4x T-34's.
My armoured fist has therefore punched in the door on the right flank, and now my infantry are fanning out ahead of the tanks to flush out any shrecks in the woods as the advance continues..

[Image: gun1.jpg]
04-06-2007, 10:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2007, 12:01 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
NO TURRET, NO CHANCE
Get behind any turretless AFV and it hasn't got a chance of pivoting in time to get you..
From a ladder game, I hook my Shermans round behind a couple of Stugs

[Image: CM-HassH.jpg]

[Image: CM-Hass2.jpg]

04-06-2007, 11:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2007, 04:17 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
BY HOOK OR BY CROOK
4 x enemy Tigers are on the prowl so no way dare I risk a long-range shootout with my 5 x Sherman 75's.
So I send them racing down the road on 'Fast' to get behind them with the Starfleet Academy Hook Manoeuvre and hit them pointblank in the rear, am i kool or am i kool?

[Image: CM-shersvTigs2.png]

But it all goes pear-shaped when my boys arive in position, owing to the thick dust blanketing everybody which means when it clears (below) the turrets of the Tigs have had time to swivel and my boys find themselves staring down 88mm barrels..
All 5 x Shers are destroyed for the loss of no Tigers, my shots just kept bouncing off, but at least they died like men with their guns facing the enemy, what do you say Mr. Worf?

"They died well"..

[Image: CM-shersvTigs2.jpg]
04-06-2007, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2007, 03:43 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
DEFEATING THE A.I.

The A.I. has the suicidal habit of coming looking for you in useless dribs and drabs, especially if you've captured a flag, so just make sure you've got a welcoming committee prepared for him and you'll take him to the cleaners..
Here my German battlegroup punches down the left flank..

[Image: tankfact1.jpg]
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM,
FEEDING FRENZY

My mighty kampfgruppe rolls up hill 182, Tigers at point, then Panthers and PzIV's..

[Image: hill182.jpg]

And they die up there as Enigma's American armour closes in from three sides and eats them alive

[Image: marsch2.jpg]
04-06-2007, 02:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2007, 10:59 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
04-06-2007, 10:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2007, 11:55 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
BACKSTAB

[Image: backstab1.jpg]

[Image: backstab2.jpg]

[Image: misery1.jpg]