• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A crush on you
03-30-2007, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2008, 03:22 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
A crush on you
Guns are surrounded by a "crush zone" of about 15 metres. Any tank that enters that zone will usually make the gun crew run off rather than stick around and be crushed.
I've seen it happen in games and ran this test to confirm it, I turned the tanks turret to the rear to stop it blasting,and set foggy dawn weather to help the gun crew stay unspotted, then ordered the T-34 to race down the road from right to left straight over the gun. Bingo, as soon as it crested the rise, the gun crew saw it and ran without firing.
Neither did the tanks bow MG fire, confirming the gun crew bolted simply because they saw a steel monster bearing down on them (below) and no shots were fired by either side, not even the tanks MG's..
(the tank continued on and rolled straight over the gun)

[Image: crush2hy7.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2007, 06:52 AM,
RE: A crush on you
I recently used a Bren Carrier, with no ammo, to run over one of Seydlitz's big guns. The gun was abandoned as my Bren approached. The the gun's crew stopped, spun around and capped my Bren's driver.

A trade I was willing to make, because the gun was destroying my infantry up to that point.

Cheers,

Nort
03-31-2007, 07:02 AM,
I think I saw this post at another site somewhere (and all the posts that will be recycled by you.

Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
03-31-2007, 07:45 AM,
RE:��A crush on you
03-31-2007, 07:47 AM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:I think I saw this post at another site somewhere (and all the posts that will be recycled by you.

Hope they don't bore you too much mate.. ;)
03-31-2007, 07:48 AM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:I think I saw this post at another site somewhere (and all the posts that will be recycled by you.

Youve probably seen them on numerous sites but hey... its good t see them again dont you agree.
03-31-2007, 07:53 AM,
Bootie Wrote:...Youve probably seen them on numerous sites but hey... its good t see them again dont you agree.

And they're being added to all the time on an ongoing basis.
For example I've just posted a few screenshots in Blitz from games that happened only yesterday and today.. :)
03-31-2007, 08:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2007, 08:53 AM by Bootie.)
03-31-2007, 05:45 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE:��A crush on you
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
04-01-2007, 01:24 AM,
It is clear when comes to real fight Antoni is the best of us - I think he will be the only one victorious :)
Send this user an email