• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LOS sometimes through house
03-30-2007, 09:30 AM,
LOS sometimes through house
[Image: CMhouse1.jpg]

[Image: CMhouse2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2007, 11:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2007, 11:19 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: LOS sometimes through house
PIC 1 - The T-26 (background) is racing to hide behind the house. My Pz38 (foreground) is shooting at it.

[Image: CM-hous3.jpg]

PIC 2 - Next turn even though the T-26 is behind the house, the Pz38 continues shooting

[Image: CM-hous1.jpg]

PIC 3 - And nails it... once again this shows that houses don't always guarantee cover, even if there are no windows

[Image: CM-hous2.jpg]
10-22-2007, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2007, 03:04 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Here my Marder fired smack through a house, hitting the Sherman parked on the other side. (the Sher nearest the house)
Maybe the shot went through the windows?
At least in such situations the target will have LOS too, and begin returning fire if he's still alive.. (but the Sher was killed with this first shot)

[Image: mar1.jpg]
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM,
But what to do with this ? There is not always LOS through buildings. On the contrary, usually there isn't Is . In the game which I played against POS (it is my Sherman which got knocked out). I drove the Sherman on purpose behind the building so that the building would block LOS and the Sherman could go on shelling infantry. The Marder would come later.
The plan didn't work this time. The same plan will work the next 10 times, I think.
10-22-2007, 11:27 PM,
In this test I plonked 4 Sherms behind a house, then logged which ones the panzer could see.
He could only see this one.
(and note in the inset that it could see him back)
[Image: LOS-hseA.jpg]

Below -Confirmation that the panzers LOS to the other 3 Shers was blocked, and they couldn'r see him back either.
Conclusion - houses aren't always guaranteed to block LOS.
[Image: LOS-hseB.jpg]
10-22-2007, 11:32 PM,
is there any elevation?
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM,
Bubonicus Wrote:is there any elevation?

No elevation
PS - it's the same house the Marder was firing through in the earlier picture
10-23-2007, 12:22 AM,
POS, does your test work with other buildings too ? I mean: is there also LOS through other types/kinds of building ? Is the distance from a tank to the building important ?
10-23-2007, 03:03 AM,
These top 3 pics show that larger buildings give better cover if you stay near the centre, That's why the tank in the middle can't be seen, but the two on either side can be seen.

The bottom 3 pics show that the panzers line of sight doesn't extend far beyond the building.
Conclusion - Don't hug the walls too closely or he'll see you through the windows..

[Image: church-LOS.png]