• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dedicated CM Tactics and Strategies Forum
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM,
Dedicated CM Tactics and Strategies Forum
This forum is dedicated for the display and talk of tactical and technical advice for all of the Combat Mission games.

Feel free to post and comment any tactics and innovative strategies in this forum
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2007, 12:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2007, 08:58 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Dedicated CM Tactics and Strategies Forum
Just to clarify, this Tac forum doesn't belong to me even though its full of my spam, it belongs to everybody like Randy said, to post pics and stuff in, or to discuss tactics etc.. :)

05-01-2007, 04:08 PM,
PS - It was bound to happen, somebody has just asked me why I've played 6 Blitz ladder games so far and not won any! (4 losses, 2 Draws)
The simple answer is that I don't bother to report most of my wins, especially if I feel the loser is less experienced than me.
Anyway I get just as much fun playing off-ladder nowadays, and also teaching newcomers how to kill.. ;)

05-02-2007, 01:11 AM,
Pity... a lot of people may want you to report your victories as they still gain ladder points for a defeat.
05-02-2007, 03:23 AM,
RE:��Dedicated CM Tactics and Strategies Forum
PoorOldSpike Wrote:PS - It was bound to happen, somebody has just asked me why I've played 6 Blitz ladder games so far and not won any! (4 losses, 2 Draws)
The simple answer is that I don't bother to report most of my wins, especially if I feel the loser is less experienced than me.
Anyway I get just as much fun playing off-ladder nowadays, and also teaching newcomers how to kill.. ;)

That is the most lame pile of garbage I have ever heard, and is absolutely contradictory to everything that you have ever told me in the games that we have played between us, or what you have posted previously on other boards.

Also, as per bootie states, it does not make sense.

Cheers!

Leto
05-02-2007, 08:56 AM,
For example I played 10 ladder games in SZO Gamesquad last year but as far as I remember I didn't report any of my wins, just ask around.. :)
05-02-2007, 09:00 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Pity... a lot of people may want you to report your victories as they still gain ladder points for a defeat.

Huh? So if I get a total win they'd prefer me to report it?
05-02-2007, 09:11 AM,
A lot of players use this as a record of all their games and certainly I for one would prefer to see the result marked up if you beat me.

Who did you beat??

05-02-2007, 09:32 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Who did you beat??

A few guys but we either agreed before the start it'd be non-ladder, or else partway through (if I'm winning) I'd say something like "we needn't bother reporting this if you don't want", and they'd agree.
I don't think anybody has ever said to me - "go ahead and report your total win"..
Anyway don't forget, my main ladder for the past 3 years has been the WPC ladder which is where I do all my serious fighting, the Blitz ladder is not my priority, I tend to relax more here and just play for fun..
PS - My WPC record so far this year (May 07) is Played 7, Won 7...

http://www.wargames-player-club.de/cm/cm-main.htm
05-02-2007, 09:38 AM,
Fair enough but if you 'ever' beat me you better report it. :)