• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats next?
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM,
Whats next?
Well, is is spring, and a young lad's fancy turns to what will be the next HPS PzC title. To be honest, Stalingrad and Minsk both took me by surprise, so I will not speculate as it will most likely be wrong.

So, what do you think will be next.

And yes, I know, Glenn, I know; you guys are closed-mouth (a policy with which I agree), but no one will tell old Tiller if you give us a hint, now, will we fellows?
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2007, 01:56 PM,
RE: Whats next?
Aolain Wrote:And yes, I know, Glenn, I know; you guys are closed-mouth (a policy with which I agree), but no one will tell old Tiller if you give us a hint, now, will we fellows?

Something late enough for Tiger Tanks and yet I am not aware of any computer games covering this topic.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-29-2007, 02:26 PM,
Used to alternate West Front/East Front and two East Front titles in a row...so
PzC Tunis perhaps...
OR PzC Budapest on the East.
Just idle speculation of course...

Kuriltai
03-29-2007, 03:59 PM,
My vote is for Budapest. (Glenn's hint almost sinches it).
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM,
Nah, I think it Tunesia. Tiger tanks with the new replacement rule coming online -- it's gotta be Tunesia!

Fury
03-29-2007, 07:15 PM,
Guys

After the monster Minsk, how about Torch in its entirity, all the way to Tunis?

Again, given the size of the maps we have seen recently, hows about Monty and Patton go head to head in the Battle to cross the Rhein?

Huertgen Forest maybe?

What about the fight for Central and Northern Italy?

Nobody's metioned Berlin - yet! ;)

I think there definately needs to be even money on Budapest.

Its my birthday shortly - what shall I tell the wife? - wait for HPS or go for the Aston Martin instead?

cheers

Chris
03-29-2007, 08:13 PM,
Hadge Wrote:Huertgen Forest maybe?

Chris

I don't recall Pz's being used in Hurtgen Forest. Besides this would be a small battle by PzC standards. Probably need to include it as Part of Rhine '45.

Glenn said late enough for tigers which suggests something earlier than Budapest. Tunisia is a a good idea. But the whole of Torch, I like the way you are thinking Mr Hadge. Now we are talking :)
03-29-2007, 09:59 PM,
"Its my birthday shortly - what shall I tell the wife? - wait for HPS or go for the Aston Martin instead?"

Well, you already know the quality of the HPS games. Do you really think Aston Martin can compete? What games do they make anyway? My point exactly. One can always walk, get a bike, bum a ride, even buy a horse, but take away wargames and you just might end up with more people doing something constructive, where's the fun in that?

Anyway, I been saying for a long time Tunisia and Italy. I know my opinion means nothing, but it's all mine . This would be really cool for the Tunisia (Torch would be nothing without the rest of Tunisia to go with it), remembering somebody went and made a Compass scenario, how long would it be before somebody filled in the gaps and we suddenly have a scenario covering the Campiagn for North Africa? (drooling here).

I still think Italy can be done from the toe to the Po. (more drool) I know people say too big, whatever, look at the MC combo now with Fulda Gap, NGP, Denmark and Berlin. And someday Southern Germany and Northern Italy will show and I think somebody would make another combo there. Look at what you guys have done so far. Anybody else done anything remotely close?

Sorry, lotta paper space for just 2 cents.
03-30-2007, 08:41 AM,
Durn! Ask and ye shall recieve.

Thanks Glenn for the info (and if Tiller asks, I shall reply with a bad German accent: "I know nothing! Nothing!").

As folks on the boards have said, lots of options based upon the new info. I am always wrong, but were there not some Tigers vic Leningrad? Perhaps the Russian relief of Leningrad? Since I am always wrong, this is out, of course.

I agree with above, though, even money on Budapest.

I do like the HPS "say nothing policy." It is such fun to check the site once in a while and the surprise when something is released!
03-30-2007, 11:52 AM,

Maybe A New Modern Campaign been awhile since one of those have been made