Thumbs_Down  If you test this way don't test at all
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2007, 07:43 AM,
RE: If you test this way don't test at all
Whip
03-15-2007, 07:45 AM,
All kidding aside, we, as a community, only get out of it what we put into it. If Huib is going to continue to work as hard as he does, the least we can do give a little back while playtesting.

:soap:
03-15-2007, 08:13 AM,
Huib,

I can understand your frustration after putting hundreds of hours into the design of a scenario. But to help members understand what type of feeback -- and how much -- you are looking for, perhaps post an example of a "good" test report.

That way guys will know what is reasonably expected. I think a lot of times guys will only post short test reports because they don't want to offend the designer.

Best Regards,
Thor
03-15-2007, 09:41 AM,
yeah thats kinda lame...give me a message if you want help
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?
03-15-2007, 10:31 AM,
03-15-2007, 12:52 PM,
Well said..I know this has been covered many times in the past..but I liked the old H2H when you could read all of the submitted test reports. This at least gave some idea of what different people were saying about the scenario, plus you had other reports that provided an outstanding example, of what to shoot for.

It is NOT just about playing the scenario. Testing a scenario IMHO means YOU are taking an active role in the design of that scenario. It is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly. The Designers generally put alot of work into the scenario, so should the playtester.

If you don't have a vested interest in bringing a scenario to the approved scenarios list, then don't do playtesting. It is not for everybody, nothing wrong with that.

There are plenty of things that can lead to a bad report, one that a playtester can control is skill level. Testing should really be conducted with players of similar skill level, otherwise the scenario may be blamed for what is essentially bad play.

People like Huib, Von Earlmann, Don Fox, Von Neimack, Chema, Jeepster and Full Auto (apologies if I missed anyone), deserve alot of credit for their design work past and present. It is what keeps the club interesting.

So what is the deal with those Fixed Engineers anyway?????

Just my two cents worth

Matt ~Digger
03-15-2007, 03:23 PM,
03-15-2007, 08:41 PM,
Basically covers most of the reasons I won't post my scenarios to the test section.....sorry...just the way it is I guess.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
03-16-2007, 01:30 AM,
RE:��If you test this way don't test at all
Digger Wrote:Well said..I know this has been covered many times in the past..but I liked the old H2H when you could read all of the submitted test reports. This at least gave some idea of what different people were saying about the scenario, plus you had other reports that provided an outstanding example, of what to shoot for.

I agree 1000%. I recently tested a game and it's frustrating to see others rating it poorly but not having a clue as to why. Also, I am inable to see my playtest opponents comments.

In our case, we thought it should be approved. But in scenarios that need work it would be helpful to see what others think