• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Computer advise
03-12-2007, 03:17 PM,
c_Question Mark  New Computer advise
I hope to purchase a new computer in the next couple of weeks.

I'd like to get a lap top.

I do not use the computer for any business; just games, email, sending and receiving pictures and a little surfing now and then.

Are the lap tops of today capable of preforming the above mentioned requirements?

thanks,

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2007, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2007, 07:21 AM by Thor.)
RE: New Computer advise
03-13-2007, 08:18 AM,
I bought my wife a Dell laptop Insprion 9400, which she does all of the above as you ask and has had no issues. She also has the XP OS and a Vista upgrade which she is resisting installation of :)

I could of spent more on the system but in her words, I don't need a laptop that will drive the shuttle to the moon, so I went with some smaller options on the HDD and the CD/DVD combo drive.. I didn't skimp on RAM or video tho, I also bought the accessory pack for power supply, and I got the 17" screen.

I spent $1200 on it and this was my 8th Dell purchase over the years.. Dell might be a pain in the ass at times, but based on my experiences with a few other PC COYs.. they top out when it comes down to it.

If you do decide to try Dell, don't be afraid to get a little extra OMMPH if the options are there and the funds are good.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-13-2007, 11:00 AM,
Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.