• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

no cd patches?
03-01-2007, 11:39 AM,
RE: no cd patches?
The club does not support this sort of activity.

I have removed the posts.

Dog Soldier
HPS OPS Moderator
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2007, 05:52 PM,
I do agree with you , but I do use them rather than keep changing disk,s.

What I dont like is people that dont buy the game,s.
03-02-2007, 06:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2007, 08:06 AM by McIvan.)
03-02-2007, 09:13 AM,
Their obviously wouldn't be any issues with someone who legitimately owns the software taking advantage of this - but on the public boards like this it not only goes to legit owners but others that don't own the games. If it is handled more privately, there may not be any issues with sharing it, but I agree with Dog Soldier that posting the information is not the way to go about it.

The games have fairly minimal copy protection anyway, I would hate to have it come down to heavier copy protection or too much theft - and we do get non-regulars here that read the boards and might want to get more games.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-02-2007, 09:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2007, 09:36 AM by Landser34.)
I use the no Cd patch but i have bought and own all the games and from the way i understand it is even if you get the file if you don't have the game you have nothing to play its just a file
03-02-2007, 12:41 PM,
Without going into detail, I know of at least 3 ways to get all the files necessary to play the game with the hacked executable, which is what the no-cd hack is. So the no-cd "patch"/hack may not run without the rest of the files, but it makes it an easy job to then play the game.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-02-2007, 01:22 PM,
I always use the "one cd for all" method. It's easy and avoid any damage to your original cd.
Send this user an email
03-03-2007, 01:58 AM,
Members,

The reason I edited this thread was the posting of information on how to obtain these files was being posted here on the board. That is the activity I was stopping. The blitz leadership will not be a party to sharing that type of questionable information.

Some of you have noted that if you own the games by purchasing them why can't you use such programs?

Well the matter is simple. Not everyone who would use such programs would support the gaming community or the companies that provide the games. How would you feel if the scenario you spent many hours creating, testing and working on to get just right was hacked up and used in a manner you did not intend? Maybe there is no real way for you stop it, but it hurts when it is your work someone is taking.

So for consideration of those who support our club with their personal time and effort please refrain from promoting a practice that can be abused.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
03-04-2007, 12:34 AM,
I DO AGREE BUT... it would be nice to be able to start a scen then eject the CD and stick on some music. Mrs B hates Blues so I can only listen in the car on my study which is gaming time. Any one saying Mrs B has impecible taste will be ignored.

Mike Bowen
03-04-2007, 12:40 AM,
Actually, if you use the default install, all game files are loaded to your HD. The game CD is only required to start the game. After the scenario is loaded, you can play a PBEM turn or a whole scenario against the AI without needing to access the CD.

If your playing multiple PBEM game turns and need to switch CDs, just go get an Ipod like I did.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp