• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2006 Fallschirmjaeger in the Med...
02-27-2007, 01:05 AM,
2006 Fallschirmjaeger in the Med...
As my opponent Clambot as been AOL since just prior to the last turn of Leros... and the fact that it appears, I am not alone in not completing the 1st installment of the tournament.... is there perhaps a way to re-energize a new way to get this gaming community together to get a few games of TOAW III that would reward thoes for simply completing a game instead of rewarding points to a victor?... IMO: Most seem to quit tournaments if on the losing side...

...I for one sorely miss the tournaments!
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2007, 05:12 AM,
RE: 2006 Fallschirmjaeger in the Med...
I was thinking the same tho i came to FJMED late on and then got taught a lesson by Fulcrum....Whip

The conclusion I came to is with a new patch "just" around the corner we may as well wait till its in the public domain before we all launch into a new tournament.

what we can do in the meantime is maybe initiate a discussion as to what sort of tournament we want;
i understand that Band of Brothers has a tournament format for CM that doesn't require balanced scenarios..this would have obvious advantages for us given the lack of small balanced scens for TOAW especially ones with enough testing under the TOAW3.
Anyone played this format/know more about it?
And/or what about approaching Rugged Defence or some haven of designers like that and asking them to reccomend a set of scens, their Rhodes scen just released for instance has promise as a tourny scen?

Something else I'd like to steal from the CM communiyt that I would be happy to administer myself is a "King Shark Shark2 " onrunning tourny whereby one player is "King" taking all comers in turn until deposed and so on...
I thought challenger picks scen, the king picks his side, maximum turn length of scen 30 odd turns, 35 maybe? no stupid massive scens, minimum turn rate 2 per week? Some sort of random pairing to kick things off would be easily arranged :smoke:

This could be started without waiting for the patch and there couldbe a COW king too for those luddites left behind by the tide of progress...:whis:

Just kicking ideas around, feedback anyone?
03-01-2007, 08:20 AM,
Smile  RE: 2006 Fallschirmjaeger in the Med...