• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
02-10-2007, 01:32 AM,
to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
Guys, I beg You not to play TOAW 3. Stick to other versions of game. We know when you are cheating so by cheating you are ruining pleasure of playing. We like this game toooooo much so again I beg you not to ruin pleasure We are having when playing TOAW 3 and pretending to be great commanders after long day in office.

Please stick to COW, or TOAW 1 and 2.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2007, 04:57 AM,
RE: to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
Well said. I'm playing two more TOAW III games right now, and we aren't getting "reload" messages...and I do save the game whenever I need to...
02-14-2007, 05:32 AM,
RE: to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
Well,reloading game over and over is cheating,but tell me :
How can I play for example " Braunschweig " without saving the turn ? It will take more than 2 hours of non stop clicking .
02-14-2007, 06:03 AM,
Bartek Wrote:Well,reloading game over and over is cheating,but tell me :
How can I play for example " Braunschweig " without saving the turn ? It will take more than 2 hours of non stop clicking .
There's a difference between saving a game (.sal file) and reloading the .pbl file your opponent sends you in the (vain) hope of getting better results with the successive attempts. There's no problem with saving the game while doing a turn.
Fais ce que dois.
Send this user an email
02-14-2007, 09:53 AM,
RE:�� to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
nemo69 Wrote:
There's a difference between saving a game (.sal file) and reloading the .pbl file your opponent sends you in the (vain) hope of getting better results with the successive attempts. There's no problem with saving the game while doing a turn.
As long as you load only the turn that you just saved it isn't considered cheating.
02-14-2007, 09:55 AM,
Of course,but TOAW III still is able to end the turn after 10% of move,and after reload suddenly gives us 90% of turn for next moves and attacks,for that reason a lot of players still use the .sal.file .
The second problem is that someone opened the turn ,looked at it,closed without any moves,thought about the play and opened once more time.
Is it cheating or not ?
02-14-2007, 10:07 AM,
RE:��to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
Bartek Wrote:Of course,but TOAW III still is able to end the turn after 10% of move,and after reload suddenly gives us 90% of turn for next moves and attacks,for that reason a lot of players still use the .sal.file .
That's fixed with the upcoming patch.
Quote:The second problem is that someone opened the turn ,looked at it,closed without any moves,thought about the play and opened once more time.
Is it cheating or not ?
Not is they did a close and save. If they did anything like going into the task manager and closed the program that way, it's caught as cheating.
02-17-2007, 12:50 AM,
nemo69 Wrote:

actually, there are sometimes problems, perhaps not every time you save, maybe even not most times, but you will sometimes get reload messages when you save very often and switch between many different scenarios :(

at least this is what has happened to me a couple of times...
02-17-2007, 01:13 AM,
RE:����to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
m5000 Wrote:
nemo69 Wrote:

actually, there are sometimes problems, perhaps not every time you save, maybe even not most times, but you will sometimes get reload messages when you save very often and switch between many different scenarios :(

at least this is what has happened to me a couple of times...
Let me know if you ever figure out how to reproduce this. I'm keeping track of the the games 'real' name, turn numkber and who you're playing against. If you're playing multiple games as the same side against someone, I can see it getting confused, but otherwise, it shouldn't be. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,
Ralph
02-17-2007, 01:24 AM,
it's just come to my mind... i used to delete old files after having played and sent the turn, including auto.sal

since i got information that there were some reload messages i've stoppped doing that, do you think the deleting could have caused the messages?