• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Salerno Hist scen VM help!!
02-03-2007, 08:37 PM,
Salerno Hist scen VM help!!
I have nearly reached the end of a scenario where I got my bottom so badly kicked I am not going to be able to sit down for weeks. I played the allies and whilst I overstetched myself a bit on the right and Foul is a better player than me I think I just could make any head way. German units dug in take 1-2 men losses and inflict 12+ each return fire the allies have no good morale their ships are rubbish can not hit anything. The commandos die its just a question of when.

I hope VM new data base may help but I think the Germans need to go down a morale level as well.

Anyone with any thoughts let me or Foul know as we know some one working on an alternate scenario.

Mike Bowen
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2007, 01:14 AM,
RE: Salerno Hist scen VM help!!
I feel the Germans should not be able to record a major victory without even capturing a beachhead, i am no expert on Salerno, but i don't think holding the Allies in position while the 8th Army advances on their rear could be considered a major victory, maybe a draw would be a more accurate result.
The situation is very similar to Gela in S43, the Axis can win that scenario by just sitting back and not pushing the US landing back into the sea, whereas in real life any foothold by the US was a victory for them IMO.

As Mike says Engelbrekt is hoping to produce a much improved H2H Salerno CG which will have the HPS seal of approval. :)
02-04-2007, 05:09 AM,
Mike,

Did you say you were playing an _Alt scenario? If you were I could change something with it. If not, then try playing the _Alt version and see if you see anything different.
Send this user an email
02-04-2007, 11:48 PM,
I have all your art pack (there is no smiley man bowing in hommage) and there are no alt scen for Salarno that I could see or Foul says for Sicily checked Glenns site and it does not say one way or another just off with Mrs B for a stroll in sunshine so can not check at the moment

Mike
02-05-2007, 04:46 AM,
Oh, ok. I was mistaken, and was thinking about another title. I am working on a S43 _Alt pack.
Send this user an email
02-05-2007, 05:21 AM,
Excellent, S43 is one of my favourite titles :)
02-05-2007, 11:30 PM,
Oh pooh that means he will want to kick me to death on that as well
02-06-2007, 03:18 AM,
Mike,
Maybe after the T41 "mini" test! :)