New HPS game but not PzC
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2007, 06:08 PM,
RE: New HPS game but not PzC
Cool! I like the sound of it!!
02-02-2007, 06:37 PM,
This sounds great, one of my favourite parts of history :)

If anybody sees a review of this can they post a link please?
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM,
Foul. Wrote:This sounds great, one of my favourite parts of history :)

Same here, just read Adrian Goldsworthys The Punic Wars on the subject, a very nice book. While reading it I played with the thought of a computer wargame covering the period. And here it is, as if on demand.

//Engelbrekt
02-02-2007, 11:03 PM,
02-02-2007, 11:11 PM,
Whilst not my usual interest area I will get it as I think it is worth a look to see how the turn based orders followed by a sim action phase works. It would be very nice if this could be used for the Napoleonic and ACW systems (retro fitted to existing games would be best of all or at least a discount to upgrade).

The thought of Pz Camp II with this type of system might be possible soon as this is the 2nd new system from HPS using this turn then action idea and others (matrix and panther games do similar or are meant to be doing them) perhaps this may follow.

Mike Bowen
02-03-2007, 04:05 AM,
Here is some more, pictures and info:

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/punicwars_release/

02-03-2007, 04:10 AM,
RE:��New HPS game but not PzC
Mike Bowen Wrote:The thought of Pz Camp II with this type of system might be possible soon as this is the 2nd new system from HPS using this turn then action idea and others (matrix and panther games do similar or are meant to be doing them) perhaps this may follow.

Just for the record Mike - Punic Wars is **NOT** a John Tiller game and therefore it has nothing to do with Panzer Campiagns or any plans for future Tillers projects.

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-03-2007, 09:25 AM,
The real questions we have here are: Do the elephants have a travel mode? Is the trunk 88mm?
02-03-2007, 08:26 PM,
IIRC Elephants did not have MG thats why they were withdrawn.

It might be nice if Mr Tiller pooled resources with the developer of this series I know this is off topic but the Nap and ACW games do suffer from all sorts of problems that sim moves would solve.

Pz Camp probably does not so much but the ability of reserves to react mid turn is the only "missing issue" I can think of.