• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Zemke, still wanting that att/def game?
01-27-2007, 03:19 PM,
Zemke, still wanting that att/def game?
Zemke, saw this on fragment

Zemke Wrote:Heck I cannot get games from some players on the Blitz, and I am certainly not at the top of the ELO ladder by any means. Although I have beaten several that are, and thus am looked upon as a threat best left alone, or I am to risky to play, because if they win, they gain few ELO points, if they lose, they will lose they ass in ELO points. So the problem I am referring to is at the Blitz now. My ELO would be higher if I played a certain way, or certain players, but I will play anyone, and almost anything, which can lead to some "bad beats", to use a Texas Hold'Em phrase. Which will cause a drop in your ELO rating, but as I don't really care about my personnel ELO rating, it has caused some problems geting games with certain un-named players.

I assumed you might have been talking about me, since you had challenged me to that att/def game.

and just so you know, if you were posting about me, that doesnt bother me. I rarely take things personal - especially if they have some truth to them.

However, I will defend my honor to you and say that had you challenged me based on ELO I would have certainly accepted. Only 1 person has ever done that and I accepted. Other than that I just play for fun or in tourneys, but I do try to play balanced games against good opponents.

Anyway, no hard feelings on my part if you were referring to me. I just dont want it said - or even thought - of me that I backed down because I was scared to lose ELO points. Because that isnt true - although I will admit that I do care about my ELO - but not to the point where I would hide from a game to keep it high.

So let me know.
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2007, 03:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2007, 03:29 AM by Zemke.)
Top Level Match, Huckelberry Time
01-28-2007, 05:12 AM,
RE: Top Level Match, Huckelberry Time
Zemke Wrote:Propose a 3000pt Assault, Med Map, small hills, med woods, 60+ turns, I will attack or defend, CMBB Aug 1944, one picks the side, the other picks to attack or defend.
If CMAK Aug 1944 same deal, except a custom map we both agree to.

Well you know my opinion about att games & time limits. for me 40+ turns would be a long time for the attacker on a 3000 pt assault. Heck, I would rather be an attacker with 40+ turns than the defender with 50+ turns - not to mention 60. So I will be the attacker - and you pick the side and the game.
01-28-2007, 07:45 AM,
RE: Zemke, still wanting that att/def game?
Sounds Good. Lets see what you can do with all that time.
01-29-2007, 11:47 AM,
RE: Zemke, still wanting that att/def game?
send the setup to dkchapuis (at) yahoo dot com