• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Peace Sells, But who's buying?
01-26-2007, 01:37 AM,
Peace Sells, But who's buying?
Great megadeath song BTW

I am proposing to extend "quoting [hirr] Leto" an olive branch of peaceful coexistence between The Blitz and the Fragment rebel camp.

I'll take it upon myself to say that I won't be bashing or trash talking the Fragment forums upon The Blitz forums any more.

I will refrain from commenting on their activities as a whole group and if I have a dispute with one of their people I'll handle it thru emails as much as possible, although a post might be made if such person(s) persist on public bashing or are posting wrongful information not backed by facts.

I have spoken to McIvan about some things that might bring a resolution about that would satisfy both parties, but nothing is set in stone and this is simply a cease fire moment that can be acted upon in either direction pending activities.

He has my initial requests and limitations of what can or cannot happen/change. We will go forward from here at this time.

I apologize to the Fragment members for any remarks I've made in my recent posts that should have been directed to individuals instead of the group as a whole.

I have decided to try and settle differences to better the CM community and taken the advice of Steve Overton and others to try and rebuild these bridges and open new paths of progress.

Take with salt? Only if you think you need to.

cheers

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2007, 01:50 AM,
RE: Peace Sells, But who's buying?
Hello All,

I am a CS player who was looking at getting into CM with some interest.

That was until all the silliness that I have seen between the CM factions. I don't know who started what and who did what to whom nor do I care.

I personally cannot believe that grown men can act like this.

I would expect such behaviour in D&D and roleplaying forums.

I really just can't believe what I am reading.

The way the community has been battling has completely turned me off to CM and those who play CM.

Just not worth it to me.

I think the CM community needs to ask itself how many others who were tempted to join the CM ranks have just walked away.

I truly hope you guys figure it out and get back to gaming.

It is just embarassing.

Thanx!

Hawk
01-26-2007, 03:05 AM,
Well that about sums up the whole mess.
01-26-2007, 03:11 AM,
It would be nice to maybe even find a way to work together for the betterment of both.
01-26-2007, 03:12 AM,
Hawk, I hope you will accept my apologies to you and any others who have thought the same things you say.

I will go 1 step further and accept the full responsibility for the fiasco and hope that this change of direction will confirm my intents to find ways to benefit the CM community.

I will continue to work with Steve Overton in trying to find a way to get our CM communities linked together in a wider spectrum and give more exposure to TheBlitz and TPG/TSD2 clubs systems.

I hope that, even if cautiously at first, you and others will chance a venture into the CM community and see that we really do have fun and the games are quite an experience to remember and challenge to master.

Again, I hope you will find ample opportunity to accept this for what it worth and not pass judgment based on the follies of a few hard heads.

Respectfully

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-26-2007, 04:14 AM,
I am glad to see this, very good.
01-26-2007, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2007, 04:31 AM by Mad Russian.)
Only good things can come from burying the hatchet.

Hawk, I hope you will look a little further than a couple of disputes.

CM gamers have an intense love for our hobby.

People don't get upset about things that mean little or nothing to them. As grown men we take our hobby very seriously. There is nothing more valuable than free time.

So, do we sometimes get intense and full of furvor? Yes.

Does it sometimes take a bit for the dust to clear? Yes.

Are we good honest men with the ability to work through our differences? I think we have shown we are.

If you're looking for a community to join the CM community is one of the best.

I think recent events on this message board alone prove that.

And I again would like to apologize for any hard feelings I may have caused. That of course was not the intent.

Good Hunting.

MR
01-26-2007, 05:05 AM,
Well said, MR. Back to business, gents.
01-26-2007, 07:28 AM,
RE:��Peace Sells, But who's buying?
Yes, this is reasonable....let no one disturb this peace....please. Thank you Randy...this is the quality I hoped you would show. I will support you in this. My apologies for my part in this.

(putting my tom-a-hawk back in that old trunk in the attic);)
01-26-2007, 08:39 AM,
I'm glad to hear we are able to take the high road here at the Blitz from now on. You can't force others to come there with you, but that doesn't mean you have to step off the path yourself.

Also, that is definitely a kick a$$ Megadeth song. One of their best.