• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stop uploading Steve"the mad russian" overtons' scenarios
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM by RedDevil.)
Stop uploading Steve"the mad russian" overtons' scenarios
Please don't upload any scenario files belonging to Steve Overton aka the mad Russian.
Steve wants to prevent numerous play tests of similar scenarios from being redistributed. he only wants Finished products posted out side of The Proving Grounds, and he prefers that The Scenario Depot 2 handles them, and that we do not compete with them on the materials.

Although I cannot force anyone to NOT upload finished products into our Server,and I know that this will possibly happen any ways, it is to be duly noted that these Scenarios might have been updated and might not be current versions, and members should check The Scenario Depot 2 for current versions to ensure a quality experience playing them.

*** I edited the original post because It was arrogant and implied things that should have not been said.

Thanks for understanding
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2007, 02:26 AM,
RE: Stop uploading Steve"the mad russian" overtons' scenarios
Thats a pity.... I always thought Mad Russians scenarios were good. Why has he come out now after the Blitz has been hosting them for 5 years demanding them removed?

01-24-2007, 03:22 AM,
I dunno but is it surprising that he's back as the newest registered member of fragment again?

Our users have posted a total of 10685 articles
We have 137 registered users
The newest registered user is Mad Russian

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-24-2007, 04:20 AM,
Randy,
Can I suggest you sort it out with Steve Overton (Mad Russian) via private email? Having read both sides to this, I think your in the wrong by posting your message here.
And for goodness sake, drop this thing with Fragment! :hissy:
01-24-2007, 04:29 AM,
I did try to sort it out with him via email, Bob, you can read the entire email over on strategy extreme forums if you like.

some one from Fragment started this whole mess. Believe that or not.
01-24-2007, 05:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2007, 05:24 AM by McIvan.)
RE:��Stop uploading Steve"the mad russian" overtons' scenarios
01-24-2007, 05:29 AM,
Randy,
I have pasted in below what I posted at the Proving grounds:

Steve,
I'm really sorry to hear about this mess with your beta scenarios and the Blitz.
The only answer I can think of is to add this statement in the scenario main briefing:

THIS SCENARIO IS A BETA VERSION. THIS MEANS IT IS NOT A FINISHED SCENARIO AND SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED AS SUCH. WHEN THE FINAL VERSION IS READY, IT WILL BE TRANSFERED TO THE SCENARIO DEPOT.

I think designers have to accept that once they place their scenario on the internet, then basically the players can do what they like with them.
I understand your dismay spotting your beta scenarios on other sites but all we can really do is what you did, ask them to be removed or add the above statement in the main briefing so the players know right away they are about to play a beta version.
I have also posted a message at the Blitz.
Cheers,
Bob
01-24-2007, 05:30 AM,
RE:�� Stop uploading Steve"the mad russian" overtons' scenarios
Bob Millard Wrote:And for goodness sake, drop this thing with Fragment! :hissy:
Hip Hip and a Bottle of Scrumpies....cheers
Well said Tommy (TheBritishVersion)...

Lets get back to da gaming... :cool:

That is all...
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
01-24-2007, 05:32 AM,
Good thoughtful post McIvan which is well written and laid out.

I can only hope this fizzles out and things get back to normal again.:rolleyes:
01-24-2007, 05:40 AM,
It seems just too coincidental that some members of that other place are on his panel of judges for his scenario contest and all of a sudden after 4 years, now he's emailing me to get the stuff off our site.
I remember some certain person stating issues about this a few months back now suddenly it's back again.
I just happen to think that his recent return to said place also puts a little red flag on this whole deal.

our reputation is classed as a bunch of thieves by this MR, I suppose we should suck it up and kiss his ass too?

as I said before, it's all a CM issue, nobody else has complained in 7 years about our hosting scenarios for any of the other ladders.