• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

High Contrast Gridded Terrain Mods
01-14-2007, 01:51 PM,
High Contrast Gridded Terrain Mods
One of the things that bothered me about CMAK when I first started playing it was how very hard it was to visualize the terrain I was fighting on (I was later to find out that the terrain I was having the most problems with was Arid Open). In an effort to improve the basic game, I turned to CMMods.

The first thing I found was gridded terrain. That helped a lot, but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Then I found GreenAsJade's High Contrast Mod and added my own grid to his tiles. This combination worked pretty well and overcame a lot of the limitions of the game engine.

However, as I was playing a game using the Gridded High Contrast Arid Open tiles, I noticed that almost all the "bends" in the terrain took place at 45 degree increments around the perimeter of the tile (the exceptions are when the terrain changes 2 or more levels in height).
I first started playing it was how very hard it was to visualize the terrain I was fighting on (I was later to find out that the terrain I was having the most problems with was Arid Open). In an effort to improve the basic game, I turned to CMMods.

The first thing I found was gridded terrain. That helped a lot, but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Then I found GreenAsJade's High Contrast Mod and added my own grid to his tiles. This combination worked pretty well and overcame a lot of the limitions of the game engine.

However, as I was playing a game using the Gridded High Contrast Arid Open tiles, I noticed that almost all the "bends" in the terrain took place at 45 degree increments around the perimeter of the tile (the exceptions are when the terrain changes 2 or more levels in height).

So I added 1 pixel wide lines to the tiles at these "bend lines" and was extremely pleased with the results. It makes it easy for me at least to really visualize the terrain.

If you want to try this mod out, go to CMMods and search "By Designer" for RocketMan.

[Image: modaridopentopopicturerw6.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2007, 09:11 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: High Contrast Gridded Terrain Mods
Hi, RocketMan.

this mod seems really interesting.
But i hope someone who have it installed can play vs opponents who have not it installed, does he?

If yes, may you send me the file by email, as i i can't access the CMMODS server to download it, probably due to firewall restrictions.
thanks for that.

cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
01-14-2007, 09:42 PM,
RE: High Contrast Gridded Terrain Mods
Any mods you install will only affect your side of the game and will have no effect on the other player or restrict you in any way.

Bootie
01-15-2007, 03:09 AM,
Nice looking grid. I have become quite the mod-whore lately, doing everything from terrain to partisan helmets. I'll add this to my list, thanks.
01-15-2007, 03:13 AM,
I hate the colour of the crete terrain... too bright... does anyone know any mods to overwrite this...?

Bootie
01-15-2007, 04:13 AM,
Very impressive RocketMan, can you e-mail me the mod too? I cannot get to that sever site either. [email protected]
I have tried and tried to go there to get your mod but cannot, may because of the crap internet here.
01-15-2007, 05:08 AM,
I think CMMODS is down at the moment.

Bootie
01-15-2007, 05:52 AM,
It looks like CMMods is down right now. If it is an extended outage I will email you guys the files.
01-15-2007, 05:56 AM,
It would be great from you

my email is [email protected]

cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
01-16-2007, 07:26 AM,
Great!