• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Volcano Man's Alt Scenarios questions
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM,
Volcano Man's Alt Scenarios questions
I have started playing a few of Volcano Man's alt scenarios and they are very enjoyable. The 'McNamara' values make the game more realistic and immersive. So-- many thanks VM cheers

The only problem I have run up against is that when I open the Word read me file for the scenarios the icon for the link to the recommended optional rules doesn't open, although the text for the rest of the read me comes up okay. But I don't get to see the recommended optional rules.

My questions are :

1. Are the recommended optional rules for all of VM's alt scenarios the same or do they vary according to the scenario or the game ?

2. Can anybody please tell me the recommended optional rules for these two VM alt scenarios :

Stalingrad scenario--Uranus Hindsight--Corset Variant

Kursk scenario--Not One Step Back

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2007, 11:11 AM,
RE: Volcano Man's Alt Scenarios questions
There is a document included in the Alt scns download. Gives all the info you need.

Hope this helps

Huib
01-10-2007, 11:59 AM,
Thanks Huib but the section in the document realting to the recommended optional rules doesn't open for me.
01-10-2007, 01:45 PM,
Here's a screenshot. I believe VM has said "Alternate Assault Resolution" should be checked, also, because he's messed with Hard Assault values vs. Hard Attack Values, and the option here works for what he's done.

Attached Files
.jpg   Image2.jpg (Size: 19.17 KB / Downloads: 31)
01-10-2007, 01:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2007, 01:53 PM by Gasbag.)
Is this info in the Stalingrad '42 Alternate Camapign Changes doc? If so I can't find it there.:conf:
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
01-10-2007, 02:45 PM,
The screenshot I got is from one of the docs, either Kursk or Stalingrad. It's the same in both. It's in there, because I gaped at both to make sure they're the same. The stuff about the Alternate Assault option I saw in a thread here somewhere.
01-10-2007, 03:34 PM,
Thanks a bunch Jazman.

Much appreciated.
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2007, 02:30 PM by Volcano Man.)

Attached Files
.jpg   ALT scenario optional rules AAR.jpg (Size: 32.09 KB / Downloads: 40)
Send this user an email
01-12-2007, 04:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2007, 04:26 AM by Jazman.)
01-12-2007, 05:08 AM,
Yep, I made the addition around Nov 2006 but I have yet to update the packs.
Send this user an email