• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Heads Up!
12-24-2006, 08:53 AM,
Thumbs_Down  A Heads Up!
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-24-2006, 02:07 PM,
RE: A Heads Up!
I see 101's in WaW bootcamp now - I guess when you only have four guys on your ladder like they do, the standards drop a little...

All anyone needs to do is look at the numbers of people on the ladders of other sites such as WaW, Band of Brothers, etc., to see that MOST CM players choose the Blitz for their ladder. The Blitz is the most popular CM ladder by far - look at the numbers! Players can test their skills here in the largest pool of CM players available.

It's a fun sideshow to read the posts of the little splinter groups but the Blitz is still in the center ring in my book.

With our sheer numbers it would take the mildest effort on our part to keep this board lively with regular tactics posts and comments. I plan to keep doing my part - hope everyone else will, too...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-24-2006, 07:36 PM,

Here Here..Dur Kuenstler

Age is Wisdom

12-24-2006, 07:51 PM,
I guess if 101Paratrooper wants to make a comeback on a ladder the WaW is the only one he isnt banned from.... yet. And he can post happily at the Frigment forums even though most of the members there have already said they wont be playing him. Dont really understand why you would invite a known cheater (self confessed to!) to become part of your gaming community. I guess Geordie was trying to get 'His side of the story' regarding his dismissal from the Blitz.... sort of backfired when he came right out and admitted he cheated and was right to be booted.

Bootie
12-25-2006, 01:37 AM,
Personally I find it surprising that anyone would be willing to give hime a game considering his public announcement that he cheats.

Maybe he has learnt the error of his ways, in which case it is admirable of those that have offered to play him, and they are obviously of better character than my as I tend to be a tad cynical about things such as this.

Either way he's damned. If he wins people are going to says that he's cheating again, and if he loses, it will be a case of, "did I really win, or did he lose just to show that he wasn't cheating?"
12-25-2006, 04:58 AM,
Well, according to him his cheat was opening a scenario in the editor and tweaking his forces, then sending the scenario out as the original. So he's no hacker - anyone could do this. If I ever played him again (which I won't because, aside from the cheating, I find his manner annoying) I would only play a QB or I would insist on sending him the scenario setup.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-25-2006, 08:21 AM,
He was also caught cheating using PBEM helper in unprotected mode by sending multiples of the same turn to ensure he got results that favored him.

In any instance he's a cheater and compulsive at that.

I wouldn't give him any opportunity to find another way to manipulate the game system.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-25-2006, 03:34 PM,
Ye Gods! they must be scrapping the very bottom of the barrel over there...Eek
12-26-2006, 12:01 AM,
RE:��A Heads Up!
RedDevil Wrote:He was also caught cheating using PBEM helper in unprotected mode by sending multiples of the same turn to ensure he got results that favored him.

**Thanks, Randy. Just so players do not become alarmed by PBEM helper users: It is possible to cheat in PBEM helper "trust mode" - but BOTH players have to have PBEM helper and BOTH players must agree to use "trust mode" - in this mode the movie and orders sequences are put together, so a cheater could redo his orders if he didn't like the movie. If you are playing someone who has PBEM helper and you don't have it, or you both have PBEM helper and are playing in regular mode, cheating is not possible.
12-26-2006, 01:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2006, 02:01 AM by redbear415 (FGM).)
well i was playing with him a ladders game and quick to do so he send me to games the same scenario playing it from different sides.

that catch my attention i prefer to quick play to him if he is cheating

i got a question what waw means it is another club or something.