• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Here's the Problem
12-19-2006, 11:29 PM,
Here's the Problem
So I have EiF version of WF. It downloaded fine intially and I can do everything with the game except actually play the game. When I go to a scenario screen or a campaign screen it never actuall loads to the game screen, just goes back to my desktop. Now since talking to people here at the blitz I have a few questions. 1. Does EiF WF need a patch? this verision is called 'West Front Combat Pack' 2. I was told try to a "ghost install" and now after doing this I am unable to even uninstall the program and am not sure what to do at this point? I run window's XP and am sure my direct X is higher than 6.0. I'm getting messages like this: it's unable to find installation language...Error 105? when trying to uninstall or I get this message: The log file 'C\ProgramFiles\Talonsoft\WestFront\Uninst.isu' is not vaild or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue.
I basically I have no idea where to go from here I want to totally uninstall the program so I can reinstall it, but am unable to even do this? Where to go from here?

-Gary
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2006, 12:11 AM,
RE: Here's the Problem
hi,
sounds bad, dont believe eif needs a patch. personally i would try remove program via windows control panel...if not i would ditch the whole talonsoft folder manually..remove from start menu list.....install direct x anyway....and try to reinstall game then....update video card...check compatability issues....go through posts in tech section....do you have east front and is it working ?....otherwise i dont know....
12-20-2006, 12:37 AM,
I've tried deleting the Talonsoft folder manually, but in the "add/remove programs" section of my computer WF combat pack is still there and cannot be removed stating: It's unable to locate this file 'C\ProgramFiles\Talonsoft\WestFront\Uninst.isu'. ??
12-20-2006, 12:38 AM,
I've tried deleting the Talonsoft folder manually, but in the "add/remove programs" section of my computer WF combat pack is still there and cannot be removed stating: It's unable to locate this file 'C\ProgramFiles\Talonsoft\WestFront\Uninst.isu'. ??
12-20-2006, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2006, 08:51 AM by Jason Petho.)
Send this user an email
12-20-2006, 01:38 AM,
Jason,
Didnt work with CTRL A and DELETE. So I manually took out all of the WF folder. Still though somehow WF is still on my computer!!?!? and will ask me to run the program. If I say "yes" nothing happens, but somehow some file(s) are still on my comp where I cannot play, install or uninstall the game? Doesnt make any sense. Why Cant I just get this off my computer? So I can reintsall it to play it. It says it's unable to locate the installation log file which is uninst.isu' Uninstallation will not continue?
12-20-2006, 01:56 AM,
The uninstall won't work because you have deleted the folder.

At this point, you can just install the game again to the same location.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Send this user an email
12-20-2006, 02:08 AM,
I cannot install the game. The computer somehow still recogonizes the disk so automatic install wont work and when I go to manually install it via my computer and double click the icon on the E drive it ask's if I want to run WF I press "yes" nothing happens?? So it's there somehow and I cant seem to just reinstall it. Thanks for time and patience Jason.
-Gary
12-20-2006, 03:12 AM,
You can install it.

Let it find it automatically.

Cancel when it asks if you would like to run the game.

Open Windows Explorer
Go to the CD drive
Find Setup.exe
Double click on it
and follow the instructions.

And you're off.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Send this user an email
12-20-2006, 05:09 AM,
Jason,
Just wanted to thank you and let you know that this did in fact work! Once again Thanks!!

-Gary

P.S. Do you know anywhere where I could pick up a copy of EFII?