• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WITP snails pace
12-10-2006, 02:34 AM,
WITP snails pace
When watching my PBEM replay of a grand campaign game, with a turn cycle of 2 days, the second day replay is terribly slow. I have a Pentium Celeron 2.3G machine with 768mb Ram. Do I simply lack the horse power ? :conf:

Any help welcome
cheers

Jacques
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2006, 03:40 AM,
RE: WITP snails pace
Well I'm not a expert on PC's but try running it with the sound off.

Would also recommend you install the enhanced sound mod from the RHS site this seems to speed the game up, it's so smooooooth.

Maybe this will help answer your question.
On my old PC the game was very dark ( i.e. the dialog boxes were black with white print only ) the game also was very slow and sometimes froze, and the map scroll was sluggish.

When I first played the game on my new PC I could hardlly believe the change, the dialog boxes are various shades of grey with different print colours and map scrolling lightning fast.

Hope this helps as this is a brilliant game, shame about the graphics.
12-10-2006, 11:15 AM,
Works like a charm with sound off. Thanks.

Jacques
12-10-2006, 06:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2006, 06:13 PM by Lowlander.)
Glad I could help but you should download and install the enhanced sound mod ( 90MB ) from the RHS mod site, maybe you need more Ram but I would'nt spend the money just for one game !!!.

Go to www.rhs.akdreemer.com/rhs_home.html where it's posted under extra stuff, also install sarges screens, this is like a complete new game with many new stereophonic files added to the basic game package.