• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battles Vietnam question.
12-07-2006, 12:48 PM,
Squad Battles Vietnam question.
Greetings!
Do most people play stock Vietnam 1.04 or with the all in one mod? I have not had any problems with it after patching to 1.04 first.Just wondered what does the ladder prefer.
Also, would anyone be interested in playing a small fire fight, say two squads on each side, but with an oob having individual soldiers represented. 1 counter = 1 soldier, small scale. Something I was playing around with. Would this count for ladder points, or should any new scenarios be more conventional?
Thanks, Keif.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2006, 11:14 PM,
RE: Squad Battles Vietnam question.
- I cant talk about ladder's preference but I play the NAM without the "all in one mod".
- It is hard to make such a working scenario since current casualty calculation system makes 1 man units really hard to kill.
12-08-2006, 12:10 AM,
I play with the All in One Mod and it seems to work fine. There was talk about that Mod wouldn't work with the latest patch, but I think that may have been an order issue. Installing the patch AFTER the Mod seemed to give it the heeeby-jeebies, if I recall correctly (it's been a while).

I haven't had any issues since patching, then installing the mod over a year ago.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
12-08-2006, 08:02 AM,
I play stock 'nam.

Oz nailed it. One man units would not be good. If you wanted to go smaller then a squad try "fire teams". There are a few of scenarios with three or four man units.
12-09-2006, 02:47 AM,
Where do you download the all in one mod?
12-09-2006, 03:29 AM,
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/squadbattles/
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4