• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Do yourself a favour...
12-05-2006, 03:53 AM,
Off Topic  Do yourself a favour...
Do yourself a big favour & do not go to Game Copy World looking for cracks for the HPS ACW series. All I wanted was the Campaign Shiloh 1.03b no cd exe file (so I wouldn't always have to put the cd in & save wear & tear on it; I have no intention of pirating any of the games). I got way more than I bargained for: when I clicked to save the 1.03b no cd exe that's listed there, Norton AV immediately alerted me to a download trojan program that had just installed itself in one of my temporary internet files. It took a while but I was able to get rid of this particular nasty.
Anyway, lesson learned.:hissy:
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2006, 04:13 AM,
RE: Do yourself a favour...
Here is a site telling you how make a CD that you can use to play the HPS games without using your game CD. Nothing enethical about this as far as I know as long as you own the games.

http://members.tripod.com/garyned/Disk_Copy.htm

You can make one CD to run all the HPS games and put your actual game CD's on the shelf and save them.
01-22-2007, 06:08 AM,
RE: Do yourself a favour...
A second alternative would be to just copy the CD or DVD to another CD or DVD. The HPS games seem to work just fine copied. Not as good a solution as it still requires putting a disk in, but saves wear and tear on the originals.

Regards,
Metbull