• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I hate it when...
12-04-2006, 12:13 AM,
I hate it when...
What annoys you about this game?

For example -

I hate it when my men with "move to contact" orders halt just because they see a strand of barbed wire on the other side of the map.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2006, 12:47 AM,
RE: I hate it when...
Hi.

I hate it when a platoon retreats when it has near reached a wood at a few meters. Because when it goes back, it has many casualties, more than if it had would enter in the wood under fire (usually it is nearly annihilated).

That is frustrating !

Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
12-04-2006, 01:32 AM,
Where do I start.

Ok - Convoys - I hate it when one truck slightly out of synch slows the whole convoy down by stopping... reversing, going forward.... reversing etc.

Artillery.... when you plot your target then half way thru the delay smoke comes down and obscures the original plotting making your arty fall of target... has this happened to anyone else??

Bootie
12-04-2006, 05:08 AM,
Note to self ...

Use smoke when playing Bootie.

;)
12-04-2006, 05:35 AM,
LOL.... you dont need any advantages to beat me.

Bootie
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM,
I hate it most -

when I have a mortar unit with a target order ready to blast some poor saps to eternity, and another HQ moves in such a way that the mortar changes its 'red line' and then the mortar doesnt fire. Usually it takes 1 more turn to move out the other HQ and then 1 more to set the target order again. and by then it is often too late.
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2006, 02:01 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
I hate -

double posts
12-04-2006, 07:51 PM,
I hate it when, particularly as the Russians, I maneuver a platoon or more of tanks for the optimal 3v1 armor shootout, only one tank arrives slightly ahead of the others, spots the enemy, and reverses out of LOS. Then the next tank, slight ahead of the third, does the same damn thing. Of course the third tank decides to hang around and slug it out, only to be plinked, first shot. 35 seconds makes all the difference.
12-04-2006, 11:17 PM,
I hate when I buy an expensive veteran tank for a quick battle and the game rips me off and gives me a regular tank instead for vet price.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-05-2006, 11:07 AM,
I hate it when :

your busy watching your centre and left flank and fail to notice your right flank has just crumbled! :hissy:

you just got your artillery spotter in a nice position and someone spots him Cry

when your best tank on the map gets bogged down, usually with it's flank exposed to the enemy Eek

your best laid plan falls apart within 5 turns :angry:

when you take a route to a flag which you very carefully plotted so your units wont be spotted.... only to arrive at the flag and get ambushed :rolleyes: