• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Middle East '67
11-21-2006, 03:29 AM,
Middle East '67
Is it possible to take out the SAM sites in HPS Middle East '67?

Thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2006, 11:37 PM,
RE: Middle East '67
Deturk,

A SAM site is suppressed when you occupy the location. However you will need to garrison the hex if you don't want it to be operational again.

That is I guess how it should work. Be careful however: I remember playing a scenario with a single enemy SAM site. After occupying the hex, the interception effect did not cease; I suppose that the engine simply reverted to the general intercept rules, with SAM interception all over the map. That was however before the latest round of updates.

Peter
11-25-2006, 02:46 AM,
RE:��Middle East '67
Peter Szabo Wrote:After occupying the hex, the interception effect did not cease; I suppose that the engine simply reverted to the general intercept rules, with SAM interception all over the map. That was however before the latest round of updates.

This is as it should be - there are two factors which come into Play, SAM and Air interception. Occupying the SAM site does nothing to prevent the Air mission from being intercpted by enemy Air assets.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-27-2006, 02:44 AM,
RE: Middle East '67
Glenn,

I ran a short test to see how the game works. The result I got was that, when you capture the last remaining enemy SAM site, SAM interception does not cease. Instead, it becomes global.

In the small test scenario I deployed a handful of Israeli and Arab units, and added the bulk of the Israeli Air Force for air support. I also set up an Arab SAM site with limited range.

For testing purposes, I set both sides' air intercept parameter to 0%, and both sides' SAM intercept parameter to 99%.

So long the SAM site was operational, things worked as expected: air missions within the SAM's range were intercepted, and those outside the SAM range got through. Then, when I moved an Israeli unit to occupy and suppress the SAM site, the SAM interpcept effect went global. All subsequent Israeli air missions were intercepted by enemy SAMs; and yes, the dialog box informed me that it was SAM interception.

I can send you the test scenario and pdt if you need it. The test was done in version 1.05 of the game.

Peter
11-27-2006, 05:48 AM,
RE:��Middle East '67
Peter Szabo Wrote:I can send you the test scenario and pdt if you need it. The test was done in version 1.05 of the game.

Please do Peter. YOu can email it directly to me or you can send it to my attention to HPS Tech Support at:

[email protected]

...and please include the details you put in this post with the the message so all the info on this is in one place.

Thanks

Glenn
Send this user an email