• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for Soviet FiTE opponent
11-05-2006, 07:34 AM,
Looking for Soviet FiTE opponent
Hi,
I'm looking for someone interested in taking the Soviet side of FiTE v.5 using TOAW III. I'd prefer to play with "Borders off", use of the FiTE scenario "hoouse rules", and all Theater Options available. However, that's all open to negotiation (except the "Borders Off" option). I think that a reasonable turn rate would 2-3 per week, maybe more as we get used to the administrative burden this game will place on us. I've been playing this scenario solitaire, but it would be a lot more fun to play against someone.

Later,
Ron
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2006, 07:54 PM,
RE: Looking for Soviet FiTE opponent
I have looked at almost every single Eastern Front OAT scenario out there and I find all seem to give the Soviets too much experience, which is not bore out by the historical record, average lose rate was 1-2.5 to 6.0 man for man. So what this means is once your "Shock" advantages wear off early your will have an increasingly harder time of it. Which is realistic, but the Germans didn't have the success due to "shock" that long, but rather soldiers and leaders who were trained to a far higher standard, IMO. I played the old board game FITE and still have it, and it has the same problem. The Germans should be slowed down by logistical problems more than Soviet Army problems, and then AFTER the winter the Soviets should have a bit more experience reflecting the operational experience gained from wartime. I have yet to find a scenario that gives the right balance in scale and experience, or I would love to play you. I have even tried to rework some to what I thought right was, it is just a LOT of work, for no gain if you never can get someone to help you test it. Also I have always run into the problems of prodution of tanks and increases in production while tinkering with the editor. The Eastern Front is my favorite threater of WWII and would love a game, but I have never played OAW PBEM as of yet, so I was hoping for something smaller. FITE is a very long commitment. Almost suited to team play more than single play, which I think would be cool too. Have say four guys on each side. One is the CiC of the entire front, with three subordiante commanders. Only the subordianates could maneuver units, the CiC would create operational plans and allocate units and resourses.
Quote this message in a reply