• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

sticky request *optional rules recomendations*
11-05-2006, 03:04 AM,
sticky request *optional rules recomendations*
Hi,
i'm looking for conventions on optional rules to be posted as a sticky for club games. I suppose maybe they can be divided into stock scen and alt. Also for you desighners perhaps optional rules should be recomended for anything produced by various folkcheers
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2006, 03:12 AM,
RE: sticky request *optional rules recomendations*
Actually, there are no "conventions" concerning optional rules. It would be against the spirit of the club to 'officially" endorse one set of optional rules over another.

In any event, each title in the PzC series has different requirements for the time and location of the title to obtain the correct feel of an operational simulation for the title's main event.

I will suggest some guidelines for optional rule selection that seem to be used by experienced players of the PzC series.

1. Start from the default set of optional rules that comes with each title. The designers and play testers have put a lot of thought into the default sets. Add optional rules you would enjoy using from that point.
2. There is a good, dated article on optional rule selection in our Articles section of the blitz. I suggest the article for reading.
3. Read the help section that comes with the optional rules dialog box. The explanations there are quite useful.
4. Experiment against the AI with optional rules setting of your choice.
5. In the case of PBEM games, ask your opponent why they prefer optional rules they propose. This is a reasonable request before starting a PBEM game.

Have fun with it.
Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-06-2006, 01:14 PM,
It also depends on the scenario. If you are playing some scenarios (like my _Alt scenarios) they may require certain optional rules for them to function as indended.
Send this user an email
11-08-2006, 01:44 PM,
thanks guys...i'm mostly interested in standards mainly becasue of club play...the default tip is good since i'm a stickler for playing what was tested...hey volcano alt scns sound cool espeacially if they use explicit supply! There are not enough...hint*
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?