• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Off topic: Harpoon ANW
11-03-2006, 07:12 AM,
Off topic: Harpoon ANW
Gentlemen,

is there anybody out there playing Harpoon ANW? If yes, what do you think about this game? I have spend many hours playing the classic Harpoon in the past and consider buying this one. Is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance!

Private Bombadil
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2006, 10:38 AM,
RE: Off topic: Harpoon ANW
What is ANW? I LOVE Harpoon and have II, and also have the Admirals's edition (online play plus upgraded editor). I never could beat the Computer, so I nevered played a human. I figured if I couldn't beat the computer, I had no chance against an opponent.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
11-03-2006, 08:19 PM,
Advanced Naval Warfare......

http://advancedgaming.biz/index.php?ceve...view&id=59

Not really played Harpoon since the original DOS version. I got the Windows one but I preferred the clunky original.

If anyone one plays ANW and can give a view I'd appreciate it as well

Alex
brm_3k
11-04-2006, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2006, 04:00 AM by Weasel.)
Well I was going to grab it too but read a few reviews on it. While it is a great game, from what I have read it is still an old Windows 3.1 platform. Even the sound is computer speaker! That was the biggest hit against the game, which in my books is a big one. The game play was suppose to be fun but the graphics are dated as the old platform shows (it is Harpoon 2 moded to become Harpoon 3). However, UBISOFT is creating a new Harpoon 4 which is based on the XP platform and is what I am going to wait for.

I believe H4 will also support online play too, but not 100% on that.

I too had the old Harpoon 1 on the 5 1/4" floppies.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha