• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MBT graphic issue
10-29-2006, 02:56 PM,
MBT graphic issue
In a game I am currently playing, I am seeing some weird graphics. Some of my M55's SPA are out of artillery and to avoid losing them I have moved them to the edge of the map. The weird part is once they reach 4-5 hexes from the map edge my M55's just sort of blend into the hex. Almost like they disappear. Depending on the hex terrain you can see the top of them but mainly the hex covers them rather well. Is this just the low quality graphics of the download game? In any other hex they appear normally. The 4-5 hex range is also a bit odd as they sort of go from normal terrain hexes to a blurry hex.

Ideas? Old age? (Hush Wigam!)
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2006, 03:25 PM,
RE: MBT graphic issue
Oh, you take away my fun!:hissy:
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-29-2006, 03:26 PM,
Lackonookie, according to my off-line medical dictionary. Clinical case. The recomened treatment is a weekend in Cancun with the Mrs. Drop the brats off at the mother-in-laws. Paybacks, you know.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
10-29-2006, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2006, 03:35 PM by wigam.)
Ah thats sounds great. Might be a little too far for us.:)
I have the fourth child due in 2 weeks. So we are all go here again awaiting the new arrival. Also have 6 weeks off so looking forward to getting in some serious Steel Panthers Play.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-30-2006, 02:57 AM,
I hope Narwan, Walrus or Ulf remember details but I think something similar was reported by one of winWW2 betatesters. If nobody remembers, I'll try to find some time and browse thru old betatest forum.
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
10-30-2006, 03:01 AM,
hm..., not me..., don't remember hearing of this before... :conf:
10-30-2006, 03:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2006, 03:29 AM by General SP.)
10-30-2006, 04:17 AM,
RE:��MBT graphic issue
wulfir Wrote:hm..., not me..., don't remember hearing of this before... :conf:

hmmm, I might be wrong, but I do remember something about units disapearing at map edge, or close to the edge.
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
10-31-2006, 03:27 AM,
Units at the map edge will retreat off map, but that's only at the edge, not 4 or 5 hexes away. And the blurring aspect rings no bells with me.
It would be most helpful if you would have a save file of this and could post it at the shrapnelforum for WinSPMBT so Andy can have a look at it;

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/threads...ard=wspmbt

Narwan
10-31-2006, 07:20 AM,
Now is a good time, you can still get offseason rates. There is a dude at the bait shop, Pedro IIRC, who has these face masks with special glass in them that make the Mrs. look 18 again. Makes a difference, except for Wigam, who gets by regardless.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson