• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reinforcement Arrival Percentages?
10-21-2006, 08:30 AM,
c_Question Mark  Reinforcement Arrival Percentages?
I know a reinforcement percentage can be less than 100%, but what is the effect of a unit having a 0% chance of arrival, does that mean it can never arrive :conf:
Thanks for any help! :)
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2006, 11:00 AM,
RE: Reinforcement Arrival Percentages?
Foul. Wrote:I know a reinforcement percentage can be less than 100%, but what is the effect of a unit having a 0% chance of arrival, does that mean it can never arrive :conf:
Thanks for any help! :)

If any get stuck and don't arrive, then send me a file so I can look at it.

However, to answer you question, 0% reinforcements is an editor feature credited with MG44

- (Editor) Added ability to "tie" reinforcements together so they all
arrive at the same time by having all reinforcements in the group
after the first have an arrival probability of 0 (see Reinforce
Dialog in the Scenario Editor).

So, consider the non 100% chance of the Polish Airborne arriving. If we plugged in a value less than 100% than on that day, company might show up. Next turn you might get a few more, and so the would arrive in bits and pieces.

But, if we assign a value like say 25% to the first unit and 0% to all the rest that IF the first unit passes the percentage test and if OK'ed to arrive, so all the other 0% unit listed behind it will arrive like sheep<G>.

As further info we also addded a flag to "Check once daily" so the poles might arrive at Noon<G> on one day and if the don't show, then maybe noon the next day , and so on.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-21-2006, 11:03 AM,
Hi Foul. The 0% unit actually takes the arrival probability from the unit above it.

From the MG Started notes:

" A unit listed with a 0% arrival probability in the Scheduled Dialog, shares the first non-zero arrival probability of the unit above it. This new convention serves to assist scenario design only, and has no effect on game play whatsoever."

That should help!
Adam.
10-21-2006, 11:04 AM,
Good timing there Glenn <G>
10-21-2006, 01:51 PM,
RE:��Reinforcement Arrival Percentages?
Adam Parker Wrote:Good timing there Glenn <G>

...as always my friend.

And Foul, if any units do goet stuck - if that is what your looking at, do send that to me. See, when we set the times for units like this, each line is written to the OOB in sequence. Then if we want to change it, you can do a modify. But the line moves then and can strand the previously correctly placed reinforcements without their lead unit if you follow me. This error has happened before, but so far we've always caught them in beta I think.

So if you've got something - please send it rather than try to tell me how I can find it from a discription in a forum post.

Thanks

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-21-2006, 08:46 PM,
Glenn,
There is no problem, i was looking at a scenario and noticed the 0% value and thought it a bit strange, but now i see what you have both been saying! :)
If by chance the units do not release when i play this i will let you know!
Thank you Adam and yourself for your help cheers
10-22-2006, 04:24 AM,
Glenn,

I wonder if HPS can consider an enhancement here. This question comes up quite often on the board here.

In the reinforcement dialog box, allow a sort or filter button to group units together by regiment, division, corps, Army etc.

This would allow players to see that one unit in the group has a percentage of greater than zero.
It will also benefit players to understand the organization of the reinforcements, esp. where a corps comes in on separate turns or days. the new HQ rules make it more important for player to keep their troops organized as best they can on the battlefield where chaos reigns.

Allowing a tool like this will help players enjoy the game more by giving them information to make quick decisions.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp