• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New PzC: Minsk 44 Operation Bagration
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM,
New PzC: Minsk 44 Operation Bagration
Just saw it in an email from Duchet,

Great battle, hope it has many What-if scenarios. Such as if Hitler had anticipated the upcoming offensive and not believed it would come against AG South.

//Engelbrekt
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2006, 09:15 AM,
RE: New PzC: Minsk 44 Operation Bagration
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM,
Yes Finally a late Eastern Front title where the Soviets have the clear advantage.Now we will see if all the people who only want to play the Germans will stick with them in this game
10-06-2006, 09:42 AM,
AHHH Something to look forward to Big Grin
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
10-06-2006, 11:02 AM,
I play tested this, and can vouch that the AI is no longer only good for masturbation...it will fight back...

As for the proverbial, "German player," do you really think he is going to just roll over and take it up the :whis:, I mean just play dead?

The campaign is only for those who are committed, hard core types willing to give up sleep, family, friends, food, sex, fishing, movies, and just about everything else, but not necessaily in that order.

Marquo
10-06-2006, 11:10 AM,
Hi Marquo The German player might not roll over but i expect to just grind them under with Numbers of the Soviet Steam Roller.
10-06-2006, 01:32 PM,
It'll be interesting to see the quality and quantity of Russian forces, vs. those of the German. However, will definitely need to run a lot of AI movement for Russian divisions...

May be a crushing of the Germans, but I'm sure the time constraints will make the Russian have to push hard to win.
10-06-2006, 01:48 PM,
I too was a playtester for M44 including playtesting the campaign game HTH. Marquo is right that the campaign is really large and has tremendous opportunites and challenges for both sides.

The Germans will not simply roll over in this battle. They do have some 25 divisions. The Russian still by far have a significant quantity advantage but if the Russians putz along and do not take some risks the Germans can escape to form second and third defensive lines. By taking risks the Russians will be bloodied. Reading some history on the battle shows the Russians took enormous casualties in this battle too. The Russians were able to encircle the slower moving German infantry in several large pockets. If the Russian player does not do this again they may not win the campaign game. Bridges are key too the German retreat strategy. Plan wisely.

As you point out Landser the Russians can grind the Germans down. For those players that have played K43 or K42 or S41 as the Germans with clear German superiority that will not be the case in this game. Prepare to see division after division fatigue, crumble, then evaporate under the Russian steamroller. The German player will have to chose which divisions are sacrificed. The situation will get increasing desperate as the campaign game moves on. I was on turn 20 and the Germans were in full retreat with pressure building by the turn. A breakthough was coming in multiple places.

Also, the game has some great additions like partisans which are all over the back country disrupting reinforcements. The new command feature will force players to keep units under the command radius of the HQ unit. Also, the Quality Fatigue Modifier helps the Germans out from fatiguing extremely rapidly.

I really hope you enjoy the game and fully recommend it.

Cheers again to Glenn and HPS. M44 again sets the standard on research, historical accuracy and playability. cheers

Marty
10-06-2006, 04:28 PM,
I assume the new improvements will be rolled out over all the titles (in time) ?? :smoke:
10-06-2006, 06:55 PM,
Engelbrekt Wrote:Just saw it in an email from Duchet,

Great battle, hope it has many What-if scenarios. Such as if Hitler had anticipated the upcoming offensive and not believed it would come against AG South.

//Engelbrekt

I promised myself I wouldn't by a new game, I already have more than I can play. But Operation Bagration.

Can't you guys at HPS start acting responsibly and think about my wife for a change. She sees little enough of me as it is.