• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Editing Question
10-03-2006, 11:33 PM,
Scenario Editing Question
I'm looking to start doing some editing and creating new scenarios, my question is. Are there blank maps for the games to work with or am I stuck having to remove the units/obstacles/mines/trenches etc...etc..?

Presently I'm looking at Moscow 41, Kurks 43 or Stalingrad 42 as a starting point.

Ocito
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2006, 03:52 AM,
RE: Scenario Editing Question
10-04-2006, 07:35 AM,
ok, got that. What about adjusting Fatigue and losses to units, do you need to do this for each individual unit or is there a command/way to adjust it for all.

Would stacking be the best way to do this?
10-04-2006, 08:06 AM,
You have to do it unit by unit or stack by stack.
10-04-2006, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2006, 12:48 PM by JonS1.)
If you intend to use the whole map, there is no requirement to create a sub-map. Just go through the motions of creating a new scenario, and when it asks for which map you intend to use specifiy the main *.map file. The scenario will be created with a "naked" map. Mines, impassible, etc are all scenario-specific (not map-specific), so if you create a fresh scenario you start with nothing.

As for editting fatigue, etc, stack by stack is it, although you can also edit the *.scn file directly (although to edit more than a couple of units that way would probably be difficult than using the game scen editting GUI), or you could use the "PzC NEW Scenario editor" available at Glenn's site. Be a bit careful with it though - it seems to me that with very large scenarios (in essence: full campaigns) it gets confused and arbitrarily deletes chunks of the file.

Regards
JonS
10-04-2006, 12:03 PM,
With adjusting each unit, does it have to be such a click fest or is there a shortcut key? I could not find one. :(
10-04-2006, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2006, 12:49 PM by JonS1.)
click fest.

Or, get a text editor which can handle regular expressions (Notetab Lite is my editor of choice), learn how to use standard expressions to perform elegant 'search and replace' operations, and edit the scn file (or an OOB file) that way.

Or use the tool I mentioned in my previous post.
10-04-2006, 12:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2006, 12:43 PM by JonS1.)
sexy double
10-04-2006, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2006, 12:44 PM by JonS1.)
super sexy triple :whis:
10-04-2006, 01:33 PM,
RE:��Scenario Editing Question
Ocito80 Wrote:With adjusting each unit, does it have to be such a click fest or is there a shortcut key? I could not find one. :(

There is HOT keys too but unfortunately there is not thought commands :)

As for the scn editor you mentioned - it doesn't just delete chucks at will. What happened is the scn file format has changed and new more advanced scn which have new features are not supported in the editor. Once it runs into something it doesn't recognize, then it stops writting - hope that takes some of the mystery out of it.

Glenn
Send this user an email