• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Perma-Fixed in F40?
09-16-2006, 11:18 AM,
Perma-Fixed in F40?
I am playing Allies in a stock F 40' campaign game. We are at about turn 40 and a concern has surfaced.

The 1st French DLM, a mechanized unit in the northern 7th French Army area, seems to have become perma-fixed. They were among the many Allied units, in the early turns, that at night get fixed, then released during the next day.

The problem is that, while all other Allied units have released many turns ago, the entire 1st DLM division has been fixed in place for about 20 turns. There is no apparent release listed for them. They are strung out along the road from northern France into Belgium and are basically having to wait in place until Germans bump into each of them.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to "unfix" units that the game system apparently mistakenly has "perma-fixed"? If so, I might approach my opponent and see if we can make the fix (exchange game files or whatever) to cure the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2006, 11:13 PM,
RE: Perma-Fixed in F40?
If nobody posts here with your answer, mail Glenn direct :)
09-16-2006, 11:40 PM,
The only solution I can see for it is that you attach the fixed division to a corps that is going to unfix (you can find it on the release menu).

This problem was on the old version of the scenario but since it has been corrected.
Send this user an email
09-17-2006, 03:49 PM,
Thank you. It is almost a night turn so I will see what I can do to attach it to something that will release.

A further question though. Will it also become unfixed if I attach it to a corps that is currently not fixed? Being this far into the game, it might be hard to find a fixed corps I could attach it to for release.
09-17-2006, 03:55 PM,
not it must be attached to a corps that is going to be unfixed... otherwise it will stay as it is: fixed
Send this user an email
09-19-2006, 01:26 PM,
At this point you might want to send an email to HPS support on this to get the division released. As Tortue_Agile mentioned, this was a problem in an earlier version, but corrected.

Make sure you have the latest patch, 1.03.

Exactly which scenario are you playing?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp