• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TFB out of favour????
09-10-2006, 09:08 PM,
c_Question Mark  TFB out of favour????
Hello All,
I have noticed that a game of TFB has not been registered in over 60 days, after the initial excitement things have gone very quiet........any reason for this? Lack of scenarios? Or have the people who own this game become bored with the Polish/French/Norwegian campaigns??

No criticism of the game intended, just curious! :)

Darran.
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM,
RE: TFB out of favour????
Just waiting for something new. I've pretty much played it to death Big Grin
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
09-11-2006, 08:17 AM,
No way is it out of favour! I am waiting patiently for the next game in the series. In the middle of scen 130 right now. Come on HPS, bring on number two! :smoke:
09-11-2006, 08:53 AM,
Looks like no new TFB / WW2IE due out any time soon.

RE: Stalingrad Fatigue? -- THREAD

Peter777 Wrote:

So bring on the next WW2IE game, come Glenn when is it going to be released?

Glenn Wrote:

Peter - seriously I don't know. We are certainly very interested and have plans for the other parts of that game, but one of our key guys - Wig Graves hasn't had the time to devote to it and that has held us up.

SNIP

Anyway - we'll do what we can on ech title - hope you like the next one ... is that the rubble of Tanks I hear ....

Glenn
09-11-2006, 12:37 PM,
Rubble, Tanks. There are two cities where this means anything: Stalingrad, Berlin.

BTW, I think everyone would just flip over a Barbarossa / WW2IE. Well, the ones that get to play as the German.
09-11-2006, 10:07 PM,
Never, I will place an ad for a game (battle shortly!).
09-13-2006, 02:53 AM,
Will continue to buy new games and support HPS.

However I would have prefered a system based on GMT's "East Front Series" of the whole war on the Eastern Front that is 5mls/km per hex and Regt/Bn size units, which would then allow for a more detailed map.

Sure I know this is close to the PZC games but again this would be from 1941 to 1945, just my take on things.

Maybe the pzc game scale/graphics could then be altered for this scale.
09-13-2006, 03:16 AM,
that would be a very very big map...
Send this user an email
09-13-2006, 08:17 AM,
RE:��TFB out of favour????
Lowlander Wrote:However I would have prefered a system based on GMT's "East Front Series" of the whole war on the Eastern Front that is 5mls/km per hex and Regt/Bn size units, which would then allow for a more detailed map.

I play GMT's EFS quite a bit, gave Europa the flick after I discovered it, actually tonight we are starting a combined AGN, AGC and Typhoon game from 22 June 41 to early Dec 41. Great game system. But its primarily divisional level, only Panzer Divisions are broken down into their component regs/batts. I agree the map scale is great and it gives the Germans a great advantage due to their superior operational movement capabilities. If you have TOAW COW give a scenario called Fire in the East a go. Its massive but very rewarding if you have the time. It actually is a reg scale game for the Germans, mostly Divisions for the Soviets.
09-13-2006, 01:54 PM,
Just thought I would add that my boardgame mates and I have been waiting for an Eastern Front game in the style of TFB for many years. Once HPS brings out its Eastern Front version of TFB we will be happy little vegemites. Aussies will get that cheers