• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

K44 We will come out - query
09-10-2006, 04:17 AM,
K44 We will come out - query
Just started playing this scn against Marty , its a great one for sure but the 3RD PZ CORPS units are missing ( all the rockets ) these units are in the in the bag scn and others , just wondering why they are not included in this game .

Michael
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2006, 04:34 AM,
RE: K44 We will come out - query
Also whats the deal with 24th PZ its in the campaign but not hear either
I think it would unbalance the scn but i am hoping i am playing the historical scn with the correct units ??

Also 8TH A is missing its rockets in "we will come out" ??

Michael
09-10-2006, 04:35 AM,
RE: K44 We will come out - query
Sorry for some of the spelwing , i hate tipeing
m
09-10-2006, 05:11 AM,
RE:��K44 We will come out - query
cavalry corps Wrote:Also whats the deal with 24th PZ its in the campaign but not hear either
I think it would unbalance the scn but i am hoping i am playing the historical scn with the correct units ??

Also 8TH A is missing its rockets in "we will come out" ??

Michael

It is difficult to follow these questions Michael but if I recall (K44 was a long time ago and the CG layout was done by Jim Dunnam) but the 24th Pz was present historically - played no role and was ordered to basically counter march back and forth through the whole fight. So it was included with a low percentage release to cover the possiblity. Again - I might be wrong here. There are LOTS of Campaigns in this title and "24th PZ its in the campaign" isn't very specific.

I opened the two OOBs for the Korsun periods in question
and
the Scns
#0201_01s_KorsunPocket.scn
and
#0210_01s_KorsunBreakout.scn

... but I don't know which unit you are referring to with the "8TH A is missing its rockets" comment

When you say:
> "...the 3RD PZ CORPS units are missing ( all the rockets ) these units are in the in the bag scn and others , just wondering why they are not included in this game."

There are nine rocket units in 3rd Panzer Corps - part of the Werfer.Brig.1

They are in the 0201_01s scns
but they are not in the 0210_01s Scn which is nine days later.

Honestly - I would be guessing why Jim Dunnam did this but I would be pretty certain that it has nothing to do with play balance and more to do with expended ammo for a very specific type of weapon and or a combination of losses - or such little ammo remaining that the game couldn['t deplete them fast enough (and he might not have considered SINGLE use units) or any number of reasons.

Now if there is a unit in the 0210_01s Scn that is NOT in the earlier 0201_01s scn, then I would say it is an error which should be corrected. Because mistakes can and do happen too of course.

PzC #6 was released in 2002 and I doubt Jim Dunnam can recall all the details of why he did what he did in certain scns. He is good - but not that good:). Anyway - if there is a mistake made, I'll fix it - but I don't see one based on this info above. But I can't revisit a judgement call after such a long time.

Glenn

Send this user an email