• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad Fatigue?
09-05-2006, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2006, 08:15 AM by Jazman.)
Stalingrad Fatigue?
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2006, 03:25 PM,
RE: Stalingrad Fatigue?
Why is that? Is it just to big? To many units?
09-08-2006, 11:56 AM,
When it's storming, moving X number of infantry stacks (where X >> 0) one hex each, and otherwise just two hexes, is a bit...tedious. We're on turn 97 and I still have a couple of divisions still trying to catch up to the front.
09-08-2006, 12:12 PM,
RE:��Stalingrad Fatigue?
Send this user an email
09-08-2006, 12:49 PM,
i would have like it to include the much bigger area and units to say if you were the Russians could make a drive for Rostov on the Don and not only cut off the 6th Army but the whole of Army Group A instead of the pocket that just trapped the 6th Army
09-08-2006, 01:52 PM,
Landser34 wants a bigger game and Jazman wants a more playable game.

At this scale isn't the answer to wait until the WW2IE level Eastern Front game is released, as IMHO this will better represent really large Eastern front battles.

I have beleived for a long time that the large PZC game are just to large to be really practical to play properly.

So bring on the next WW2IE game, come Glenn when is it going to be released?

Cheers

Peter777
09-08-2006, 01:56 PM,
Landser34,

I think the Russian drive east after the poket was formed is the subject of a member's work in a special scenario built in the K42 game. This includes Manstien's backhand miracle.

This scenario should be in the down load section of theblitz.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-08-2006, 02:51 PM,
RE:��Stalingrad Fatigue?
Peter777 Wrote:So bring on the next WW2IE game, come Glenn when is it going to be released?

Peter - seriously I don't know. We are certainly very interested and have plans for the other parts of that game, but one of our key guys - Wig Graves hasn't had the time to devote to it and that has held us up.

On the size of Stalnigrad, well, that is one of the tricky balancing acts we face in keeping a game playable in terms of number of units, size of the map and period covered in the Campaign. Our focus on this game was Uranus with some action after the formation of the pocket. Anything after that is bonus material.

I recall when Moscow came out someone gave us a bad time because they thought the early battle near Bryansk. Hell, that place is closer to Smolensk or Kursk than Moscow<G>

Anyway - we'll do what we can on ech title - hope you like the next one ... is that the rubble of Tanks I hear ....

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-08-2006, 06:58 PM,
Jazman Wrote:When it's storming, moving X number of infantry stacks (where X >> 0) one hex each, and otherwise just two hexes, is a bit...tedious. We're on turn 97 and I still have a couple of divisions still trying to catch up to the front.

You can have the AI automatically move these rear divisions for you. I have found that the automatic movement routines aren't too clever but if you are finding it too tedious, and the terrain isn't too complex, it would certainly take of some of the burden for you.

09-08-2006, 07:04 PM,
Peter777 Wrote:I have beleived for a long time that the large PZC game are just to large to be really practical to play properly.

Cheers

Peter777

I think one of PzC's strong points is that each game provides you with a large range of scenarios of different scales, something for everyone.

Personally, I like the grand campaigns, I am happy with games which span a year or two and take hours per turn. You just need an opponent with a similar view point and staying power.