• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Defending the Reich
09-04-2006, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2006, 03:34 PM by sergio.)
Defending the Reich
Hi,
I would like to read an after action report about some turns of this new game to see the game features, game progress, etc from you, mates :)
It looks a very good game but as it's completely different to anyother HPS game series before it could be great to have that insight.

A little question:
Is it possible to play against the AI? How good is it?

Thanks mates
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2006, 09:39 AM,
RE: Defending the Reich
Will do. I'll post reports here. von ege Big Grin
09-05-2006, 06:13 PM,
A little question:
Is it possible to play against the AI? How good is it?

Thanks mates
[/quote]

I haven't recieved the game yet but I can tell you right now that the A/I is probably very good in that it doesn't have to make strategic movements. The game should be pure calculations, i.e. target selection, number of aircraft, losses so far etc. These are things that a computer is made for, and my guess is the A/I is probably better than most human players, who will be playing by the seat of their pants, at least I will. von ege cheers
09-05-2006, 11:38 PM,
I hope you're right ;)
09-06-2006, 01:04 AM,
RE: Defending the Reich - First impressions
Hi Sergio

My DTR arrived this am and I've just had an hour or two messing with it.

You can play against the AI, or by email the same as a PzC.

I have only looked at it from the perspective of the RAF (naturally :whis: )

The AI does appear to be good, but obviously the look and feel is massively different to a ground based game.

Most noticably there are no units on the map, only Icons for raids that have been put together previously using a list based system/interface.

The combat reporting system is very detailed, and the key seems to be with the maintainance of effectiveness/morale, replacements and target choices/unit mix.

Chris
09-06-2006, 02:44 AM,
09-08-2006, 08:17 AM,
RE:��Defending the Reich
09-08-2006, 11:31 AM,
Since this new game heralds a series called "Air Campaigns of WWII", what other campaigns are there suitable for inclusion in this series? We all know about BoB, and the American daylight bombing campaign. Maybe the Solomons? Was the American bombing campaign over Japan met with decent opposition? OstFront? Is there something in the plans for Pacific carrier war? That would be a good one if done well.
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM,
How about the air war over vietnam? Sorry, couldn't resist :-) How about the med/polesti area?

Fury
09-09-2006, 08:20 AM,
"Was the American bombing campaign over Japan met with decent opposition? OstFront? Is there something in the plans for Pacific carrier war? That would be a good one if done well." Quote

There was no opposition to American bombing over Japan. Most of the loses were due to flak and the immense, what was it, 3000 mile round trip from the Mariannas to Japan. The Japanese didn't have any plane that could effectively attack B-29s and Japanese pilots would sometimes ram the monsters. There was never any strategic bombing on the Ost front. Luftwaffe operations were tactical as were Soviet. von ege. :cool2: