• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

S42 What if Scenarios
08-30-2006, 10:07 PM,
S42 What if Scenarios
I am currently reading Manstein's War Memoirs and he covers the attempts to rescue the 6th Army which has got me interested in S42 and other Eastern front titles.

But I was wondering if there is a what if scenario based on 4th Panzer Armies attempt to rescue the 6th Army. On the 19th Dec it got to with 30km of the Pocket but the 6th Army never attempted a break out, Manstein thinks that most of the 6th Army may have escaped if the tried a breakout but instead they waited in vain and hence they missed the last chance to escape.

Looks like I may be due for a transfer to the Eastern Front, the battles of late 41 through to early 43 look pretty interesting after reading Manstein's Memoirs and Mellenthin's Panzer Battles.

Any way could some one tell me what scenarios are covered in S42?

Thanks

Peter777
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2006, 10:45 PM,
RE: S42 What if Scenarios
There is a full list of the scenarios listed here at the Blitz. Click on the scenarios link at the top right section of the header, then scroll down until you see Stalingrad '42 in the left column, click on that and you can scroll through the scenarios. There is a description of each in there.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-31-2006, 10:44 AM,
From Antony Beevor's _Stalingrad_, the impression given is that the Army was so worn down by the time of the relief effort that a breakout attempt was crazy. The winter quaters (bunkers, etc.) were gone for a good number of the troops, supplies were already a major problem, and a breakout would have had to go across that endless wintry steppe.
08-31-2006, 01:20 PM,