• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Bonus Points
08-19-2006, 02:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2006, 05:00 AM by von Nev.)
Campaign Bonus Points

Attached Files
.doc   Moscow End.doc (Size: 902.5 KB / Downloads: 58)
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2006, 11:36 PM,
RE: Campaign Bonus Points
This question has not been asked for ages, one because very few CG reach the last turn and second because not very many players know about the bonus.
If my memory is correct you mail Steel God and include the last turn file and password to prove you completed the game.
There was also a discussion about how large (in turns) a CG should be to earn a bonus, i can't remember if 117 turns falls into that category only SG can decide that :)
Regards,
Darran.
08-20-2006, 03:04 AM,
Send this user an email
08-20-2006, 11:29 PM,
The Moscow'41 campaigns are 400 some turns long as far as I know, also the map portion shown in the atachment is only a part of the campaign map.
08-21-2006, 01:23 AM,
Although I guess one can have different views on what a "campaign" is vW is correct in saying that some of the scenarios in Moscow 41 are as long as 400 turns. This scenario is 117 turns and took us a half year to complete so curious if this qualifies which is why I asked the group. It is obviously shorter than what I would consider the massive campaign. This is just the attack from west and northwest of Moscow where the Germans had the most success historically. Plus, it stops effectively right before the Russians get the flood of reinforcements that end up pushing the Germans back for good from anywhere near Moscow. Great campaign to get the feel of what the overall battle was like.
08-21-2006, 01:47 AM,
From what I recall, Steel God said that anything 80 turns and longer, or maybe it was 120 turns, would be considered for the bonus. I would say just to write to SG and DS as above and see what they say.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-22-2006, 01:03 PM,
The bonus is awarded for any CG of SM7 or larger. The only known exception is MG44 where the CG is SM6.

Send the final turn file and the password for verification Steel God or myself to receive your bonus points.

Include the blitz handles for both players with your file.

Good Gaming!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-22-2006, 01:46 PM,
Thanks Dog Soldier. File is on the way!

Marty
08-22-2006, 08:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2006, 08:56 PM by von Waldenburg.)
SM of the scn is 6 according to this site's scn section. SM of 7 or higher seems a good criteria to handle this.

I have played for example "a close brush from disaster (balanced)" several times (some to completion) from Rzhev'42 which is 120 turns long and is a similar case but didnt get any bonus points then.