• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WF Gold problem (PBEM)
08-17-2006, 06:09 AM,
WF Gold problem (PBEM)
I'm having problems playing a PBEM file with WF Gold edition. The game version is 1.5 so I don't think I need to patch it?
When I ran the PBEM turn, the screen came out black! :mad:
Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?
Cheers,
Bob
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2006, 10:31 AM,
RE: WF Gold problem (PBEM)
Hi Bob.

You are correct. You do NOT need to patch the game. I believe applying the patch to the gold version can create problems.

Was it a black background w/ just one hex visible?Eek

I had this problem w/ my former computer & the cause of my problem was the small size of my memory on the computer. The problem usually occurred with larger sized scenarios. The game was a HUGE linked D-Day game hosted by Desert Rat. I had to shut the computer down & fire it back up with every file.

Have you turned off the computer, the turned it back on to see if it works?

Is the problem limited to some scenarios & not others?

Have you asked your opponent to zip you the file again . Once in awhile I will get a corrupted zipped file.

If the problem persists, do the following........

Go to the refrigerator & pour a cold beer into a icy mug. Take said mug of beer to the computer & consume. Repeat if needed. Your game might not work, but hopefully someone will have a better answer than mine by then.cheers

Good luck.
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM,
LOL! :grin2: Thanks Jack! I knew someone would have a better answer than mine! :rolleyes:
My fix would have been an ice filled glass and Stolichnaya, with a twist of lime! ;)

I think he is experiencing a version conflict with his opponent's OOB file in the specific scenario. If there are units not included in his game files the scenario will not work. This is often seen in scenarios that are updated from older version stock to the Gold series.

Bob, try any other scenario PBEM and see if the problem persists?

Good luck! cheers
08-17-2006, 11:41 AM,
Like I said we might not fix your problem, but we can sure get a good buzz going as we try!

cheers
08-17-2006, 04:07 PM,
LMAO!!!! :laughing:
Thank you Gentlemen for your prompt replies! :)
Now which one of you will supply the beer? ;)