• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

message events problem
08-13-2006, 04:41 AM,
message events problem
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2006, 02:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2006, 02:43 PM by clambot.)
RE: message events problem
V, i peeked at those events around event 50 and just glanced at it in the editor. My very limited knowledge gives me not much to go on, but I'm guessing that the engine is looking to withdraw those units, and either can't find it or maybe the unit was eliminated?

Seems a bit screwy to have a withdraw unit event so soon in this game, and from what I could tell, there was not a unit defined in the event.

Going to do a text dump and see if I can find some logic that is misdirected. Its a shame to have event errors in such a promising scene.

PS: opened the scene to be able to see axis OOB (just to glance for those units) and I don't see them listed anywhere either in forces on the ground at move one, or in the expected forces list. I'm lost. Should we continue the game, or keep hunting bugs :-) ?

Cheers!cheers
08-13-2006, 08:27 PM,
I think you should continue your game; in some scenarios, there are withdraw unit errors that resulted, apparently, when the scenario was converted to COW ver 1.04; ie, long before TOAW III came around; however, there was no warning, and no one was aware of it until TOAW III, which runs some positive checks on event integrity. As I recall, the bug is that units that were supposed to withdraw will reconstitute (if set to reconstitute), if they happened to be destroyed, before the withdrawal event occurred. Anyway, it's not serious, I doubt it will have much or any effect on your game. If you like, the player could simply agree not to use those particular units, if they should reconstitute.
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM,
I'm hip man

play on

Q: was Rommel In North Africa in the stock TOAW:ACOW?

I dont' recall.
08-15-2006, 09:32 PM,
No, it wasn't.